• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

King of the Flag Arena

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Using 2d plane physics for projectile motion and momentum transfer, your team (armed with a variety of physics-based spells) must work together to reach the target amount of Points by capturing flags, playing king of the hill, AND killing opponents.

-Features-
Built-from-scratch 2d plane physics system
Linear Projectile Motion
Homing Projectile Motion
Nova Projectiles
Unique spells
Combination gameplay of Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, and Arena
Clean UI

-Code-
There is an easy to use physics system for linear and homing projectiles implemented in this map; however, this map utilizes that engine and makes some overrides with how the system works at times. This map also features easy to use force and momentum transfer from collisions with either other players or projectiles.

-To Use Projectiles in Spells-
When casting a spell, create a unit based off of any of the spells you see featured in this game. Generally...
-Life of unit = Damage
-Mana = Force
-Max mana = Area of impact
-Acquisition Range = Seconds it lasts (read using a line of code that bases expiration timer off of this range)
-Movement speed = Travel Speed
-Facing Angle = Direction of Travel (Homing's facing will change each 0.03 seconds)
-Unit Classification = Suicidal/sapper (Linear) optional+ Mechanical (Homing)

*Email me at [email protected] if you intend on making a map with my projectile system. I can send you one with just the physics system, which excludes all the game functionality of this map.

Keywords:
king, hill, capture, flag, deathmatch, arena, physics, projectile, momentum, warlock, friction, kinematics, custom
Contents

King of the Flag Arena (Map)

Reviews
21:45, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected Memory leaks are not destroyed: Leaks tutorial. How about a preview image? To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and...

M

21:45, 8th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:

Memory leaks are not destroyed: Leaks tutorial.
How about a preview image?
To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Also post screenshots here.

Contact Me