• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

kinda like dopplewalk but different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Can anyone help me out with this spell… its kinda like phantom lancers dopplewalk but a little different… when the hero casts the spell hw wont be invisible but he will create a illusion of him self… if the enemy attacks the illusion the illusion will explode or something ( wont do any damage ) but will slow all enemies in X area for few seconds… can anyone help me out with this trigger…

Level 40
there are 2 triggers.

TRIGGER 1
-------------------------------------------------

Events
Unit - A Unit Starts The Effect of an Ability
Conditions
Ability Being Cast Equal to Dopplewalk but Different
Actions
Unit - Create 1 DummyDopplewalk at Unit - Position of Triggering Unit for Owner of Triggering Unit facing Facing of Triggering Unit degrees.
Unit - Add an X second Mirror Image expiration timer to Last Created Unit
Trigger - Add an event to TRIGGER 2 of Unit - Last Created Unit is Damaged.

TRIGGER 2
-------------------------------------------------

Events
(none)
Conditions
(none)
Actions
Unit - Kill Triggering Unit
Unit Group - Pick Every Unit within X of Triggering Unit matching Matching Unit is Dead Equal to false and Matching Unit is an Enemy of Owner of Triggering Unit Equal to True.
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster at Position of Triggering Unit for Owner of Triggering Unit facing Facing of Triggering Unit degrees
Unit - Add SlowDummy to Last Created Unit
Unit - Order Last Created Unit to Human Sorceress - Slow Picked Unit
Unit - Add a 1 second Generic Expiration Timer to Last Created Unit

----------------------------------------------------
thats all there is to it!

Level 3
hey Purple

i did everything u wrote in.. the hero is making a clone of him self but after he explods enemys rnt getting slowed..

Level 3
yes i did everything right.... btw i i couldnt find Unit(Last created) is Damaged in Trigger one so i gave it Unit(Last created)takes damage....could u help me out with this please....[/img][/code]

Level 40
well, if the unit is exploding that means that atleast the 1st part works. try this for trigger 2

(move kill triggering unit to the end.)

Events
(none)
Conditions
(none)
Actions
Unit Group - Pick Every Unit within X of Triggering Unit matching Matching Unit is Dead Equal to false and Matching Unit is an Enemy of Owner of Triggering Unit Equal to True.
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster at Position of Triggering Unit for Owner of Triggering Unit facing Facing of Triggering Unit degrees
Unit - Add SlowDummy to Last Created Unit
Unit - Order Last Created Unit to Human Sorceress - Slow Picked Unit
Unit - Add a 1 second Generic Expiration Timer to Last Created Unit
Unit - Kill Triggering Unit

Level 3
thanx a lot purple its working fine now... purple i was wonderin if u could help me out with another spell here the detail

Ability Type: Ultimate, Active, Target: self, ally
Range: 400 (if targeting ally)
AoE: none
Mp Cost: 150/160/180
Duration: 10 seconds
Cooldown: 2 minutes
Casting Time: 1.5 seconds

Description: At long last, FrostMane was able to harness absolute control over the wintry elements. He finally mastered the ability of moving at such speeds so as to create a trail of icicle shards that badly injured any enemy that passed over them. Any enemy smart enough to stay away is not spared, since FrostMane is able to move so fast that he becomes almost invisible to the eye, and can pass right through any unit. Once the enchantment ends, any remainign iccle shards explode, dealing additional damage to any nearby units.

Level 1-
- Movement speed increased by 75
- icicle shards that come into contact with the enemy deal 50 damage
- icicle shards after duration explode, each dealing 25 damage in a 200 area of effect around them.

Level 2-
- Movement speed increased by 125
- icicle shards that come into contact with the enemy deal 75 damage
- icicle shards after duration explode, each dealing 40 damage in a 250 area of effect

Level 3-
- Movement speed increased by 175
- icicle shards that come into contact with the enemy deal 125 damage
- icicle shards after duration explode, each dealing 75 damage ina 350 area of effect

NOTES:
- Allies and friendly creeps can move through shards as though they werent there.
- 1 shard is created evertime FrostMane moves from his current position effectively creating a trail of ice shards behind him. (Sorta like the sorceresses fire spell in Diablo 2, where she runs and flames go behind her, or like terrorblades running animation).

Level 40
allright, here it is, but it may leak in GUI, seeing as the trigger cannot have actions removed.
Note: the unit's move speed may not exceed 522
(this will not be MUI in GUI)
Needed vars

Integer IcicleCount

Unit Array Icicles

Unit IceWalkCast

Real MS

Integer LevelOfAbil

Integer Generic ( can be used elsewhere as well, but only for instant purposes )

Location ( any loc, for anti-leak purposes )

TRIGGER1
---------------------------------------------------
Events
Unit - A Unit Casts an Ability
Conditions
Ability Comparison - Ability Being Cast Equal to Ice Walk
Actions
Set Variable - Set IceWalkCast = TargetUnitOfAbilityBeingCast
Set Variable - Set IcicleCount = 0
Set Variable - Set LevelOfAbil = Unit - Level of Ice Walk for Triggering Unit
Set Variable - Set MS = 25 + 50 * LevelOfAbil
Unit - Set Move Speed of IceWalkCast = Move Speed of IceWalkCast + MS
Trigger - Turn On TRIGGER2
Wait - Wait 10 seconds
Trigger - Turn Off TRIGGER2
Unit - Set Move Speed of IceWalkCast to Unit - Move Speed of IceWalkCast - MS
Set Variable - Set Generic = IcicleCount
For Each Integer A For Each Integer A from 1 to Generic
Loop - Actions
Custom Script set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
Unit Group - Pick Every Unit Within 150 + 50 * LevelOfAbil of loc matching Unit Belongs to an enemy of Player - Matching Unit belongs to an enemy of Unit - Owner of Icicles[IcicleCount] and do actions
Loop - Actions
Unit - Order Icicles[IcicleCount] to Damage Picked Unit for 25 * LevelOfAbil
(end of Unit Group loop)
Unit - Kill Icicles[IcicleCount[/b]
Set VariableSet IcicleCount = IcicleCount - 1
(end of For Each Integer A loop)
TRIGGER2 ( default Turned Off )
----------------------------------------------------

Events
Time - Every (time between shards) seconds of Game Time
Conditions
(none)
Actions
Set Variable - Set loc = Unit - Position of IceWalkCast
Unit - Create 1 IceShard at loc for Unit - Owner of IceWalkCast facing 0.00 degrees.
Set Variable - Set Icicles[IcicleCount] = Unit - Last Created Unit
Trigger Add an event to TRIGGER3 that is Unit - A Unit Comes within (IcicleAOE) of Icicles[IcicleCount]
Set Variable - Set IcicleCount = Iciclecount + 1

TRIGGER3
------------------------------------------------------
Events
(none)
Conditions
Unit Belongs to an Enemy of Player - Triggering Unit belongs to an enemy of Unit - Owner of IceWalkCast equal to true
Actions
Unit - Order IceWalkCast to Damage Triggering Unit for 25 + 25 * LevelOfAbil

------------------------------------------------------

there we go, should work but i havent tested ( too damn long, took like 30 mins to write this lol )

anyways, changed the Explode damage to 25/50/75 instead of 25/40/75

Status
Not open for further replies.