• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] -Kill Command/Hero Selector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, im new here and working on my first map. I used to do alot of mapping in Starcraft but it seems alot is different in WC3 Editor.

Im having trubble with a -kill command. (which is also getting me confused on alot of other triggers just like that)

*not sure how to do the trigger tag stuff* so here is my -kill trigger

• Kill Player Red (Name)
    • -Events
      • -Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -kill as An exact match
    • -Conditions
      • -(Triggering unit) Equal to (Matching unit)
    • -Actions
      • -Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
      • -Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: You have used the -...
      • -Wait 40.00 seconds
      • -Hero - Instantly revive (Revivable Hero) at (Center of Hero spawn <gen>), Show revival graphics
I know somthing is wrong in the actions and i think Conditions too >< i can't figure it out.

And also, i have a hero selector trigger (That works) but its pretty messy, i was woundering if there was any better way of adding the triggers, cause i have to add 1 trigger for every hero and every player color

e.g. Red Archer
Red White Wizard
Red ect.....
Blue Archer
Blue White wizard
Blue ...you get the point..

And help would be wounderful. Thanks.

Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Unit_1 = (Triggering unit)
  • Untitled Trigger 004
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing kill as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill Temp_Unit_1
This kills the selected unit.

Level 4
I mean like, 1. can it all be fit into 1 trigger? and 2. i want it to kill the players hero, not other peoples ><

And is there a better way of doing this -->> VV

i have a hero selector trigger (That works) but its pretty messy, i was woundering if there was any better way of adding the triggers, cause i have to add 1 trigger for every hero and every player color

e.g. Red Archer
Red White Wizard
Red ect.....
Blue Archer
Blue White wizard

Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 040
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -kill as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -kill as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -kill as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group_1 = (Units currently selected by (Triggering player))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in Temp_Group_1) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Temp_Unit_1 = (Random unit from Temp_Group_1)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Temp_Unit_1 is A Hero) Equal to True
              • (Owner of Temp_Unit_1) Equal to (Triggering player)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Kill Temp_Unit_1
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group_1)

Level 4
Alright, but just a quick question, IS THERE a better way of doing

e.g. Red Archer
Red White Wizard
Red ect.....
Blue Archer
Blue White wizard

>< for triggers.

Level 4
Here is what it looks for the spawn swordsmen red

• Spawn red chooser
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • (Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Is playing
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Peasant for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of hero chooser <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Make (Entering unit) Invulnerable
Its pretty simple, but it just takes ALOT of triggers for all the players and all the heros

10 players x 4 heros (probably gonna up that to 8 heros soon) = 40 triggers...it seems a bit much. and if i do add 4 more heros that would be 80 triggers!!!

Edit: By the way the make unit invulerable doesn't work and ideas on how to fix that also?

Level 4
Its a hero selector, at game start, the game creates 10 hero selectors (if they are here) to pick 1 out of the 4 heros. the one i have above is where Player red picks the Swordsmen hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.