• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just Show plain gorgeous looking maps (melee!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
TLDR: Just show here really great looking Melee! maps,
(host/link w3x or nice screenshots pwetty please! they do not have to be your own even!

Hello Fellow world editors, I am not sure if this is the right sub-forum or that a topic like this already exist, but it was my best shot to try it here!!

I am in search for user created (Melee) maps, but I am in search for only that have heavy focus who just look plain beautiful. the main reason is to give me ideas or inspiration to continue my map

I will here show pictures of my map that is currently in progress to give you a decent idea what I am making at the moment!

1. 2.

3. 4.

This picture below shows pretty much finished spots, but I have still a lot of ground to cover

All pictures can be clicked for big screenshots

I am trying to find some inspiration or get some input from other user created melee map (i already depleted blizzard's battle.net and campaigns map for inspiration)

The maps i am trying to look for need to meet some conditions, but feel absolute free to show me anything! i am more then happy to check it out!

1. do not make or at least not much use of custom textures, doodads or models, cause i like to see maps for my inspiration to finish off my FFA (12) player Melee map (so I cannot implement them)
2. Size of the map does not matter
3. a. My map uses the old village / Summer-Autumn lordaeron / Dalaran-City theme. so any map related to this would be the best for my inspiration
b. I can use mildly similar themes as any theme such as Ashenvale, Felwood, Sunken-ruins ( i have been using there doodads quite heavily)
c. Unusable themes seems for me are any Dungeon-Underground Themes , Icecrown or winter theme and even the Barrens seems to be far off, I cannot see how I will be able to integrate
them into my map decently. If you know a beautiful looking map with these themes, feel free to show them here,
I am thrilled to see someone blow me away
4. I am not interested about the map on how bad the user-friendliness or balance is to play! so as again stated above just plain dead gorgeous maps :ogre_love:
5. If the beautiful map is a non Melee map but it is possible to draw inspiration of copy ideas from it's look .. feel free to show me it please!)

can you host or link me the w3x file, if not screenshots will do too, if you make screenshots about scenery and doodads

I do like the campaign maps and battle.net the from Blizzard, but I find them also a bit plain in my humble opinion

this map below I came across and i thought it was a pretty good looking map, well themed and cohesive. but this is a really bad example of fair balance

1. 2.
You can Download here this map!

I am really thankful if you can show something off here, I hope you people enjoyed the screenshots of my map and looking forward to see it released, would be quicker with your inspiration! :ogre_hurrhurr:

Status
Not open for further replies.