• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Just For Laughs

Detail

Status

Forum - http://septimus.invisionplus.net
Map Status - Protected
Current Version - 1.03
Duration - 8 minutes

Description

Laugh until your stomach burst.

Screenshot

148027-albums700-picture5214.jpg

148027-albums700-picture5213.jpg

148027-albums700-picture5212.jpg

148027-albums700-picture5211.jpg

148027-albums700-picture5210.jpg

Notice

1) Open Sources

• If this map is open sources, it mean this map are free to be view by everybody regardless of age, community, religion and status.
  • Open sources doesn't mean you could edit this map freely without my permission for the sake of fun or various reason, you still got to ask my permission to do so.

2) Protected

• If this map is protected, it mean there is an content or resources that are deem to be exclusive or specially made for the map that I strictly do not allowed other to use or neiter view it.
  • If you wish to view the map through world editor, kindly ask my permission and I would send the open sources to you if I see your reason to be acceptable.

Credit
SectionContributer
Model
  • Pyritie
  • Nasrudin
  • Radagast
  • FlashpoinT
  • -=Emergenzy=-
  • Happy Tauren
  • DungeonM
Spells
  • SSDBZ
Terrainer
  • Revan(Rom)
Voice Actor
  • Battlemapsta
  • Zombie2279
  • Saratov
Language, Spelling & Grammar
  • Sirroelivan
Changelog
Version StatusUpdate Information
  • Beta release.
  • Update detail no longer available.
  • Update detail no longer available.
  • Change description.
Septimus Map Resources

[THREAD="87433"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ?[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100164"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (2)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="106408"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (3)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116973"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (4)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="117009"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (5)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82506"]Are You Intelligent ? (Survivor)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82507"]Are You Intelligent ? (Solo)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82508"]Are You Intelligent ? (Cooperate)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83511"]Are You Intelligent ? (Team)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="85518"]Are You Intelligent ? (Time)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82626"]KFC 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84623"]Sparta - Modern Warfare[/THREAD]
[THREAD="88705"]United States Of 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="89067"]Glory Of the Spartans[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108889"]Harry Pottaa And The Dining In Hell[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84733"]Symmetry Park[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95556"]Stairway[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95423"]Garuda Ruins[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95711"]Heion Forest[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95683"]Flood Point[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83746"]Olympic Torch[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84214"]Omaha Assault[/THREAD]
[THREAD="86253"]Kill Me[/THREAD]
[THREAD="105092"]Invasion Of MasterHaosis[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108660"]Dan War[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118947"]Click To Kill[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122023"]Dodge[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100225"]Just For Laughs[/THREAD]
[THREAD="97315"]The Human Sin - Trailer[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116696"]Brotherhood Of Kenji[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118665"]Memory Forever[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122211"]Hand of Justice[/THREAD]
[THREAD="128667"]The Confrontation[/THREAD]
[THREAD="168596"]Unknown Cinematic[/THREAD]

Contents

Just For Laughs (Map)

Reviews
23:24, 12th Jan 2009 VGsatomi: Approved. Well made cinematic. Short takes resembling comedy shows. Not a lot of camera movement, but i suppose that can fit the theme of skit comedy since there is little there as well. Good use of imported material.

M

23:24, 12th Jan 2009
VGsatomi: Approved. Well made cinematic. Short takes resembling comedy shows. Not a lot of camera movement, but i suppose that can fit the theme of skit comedy since there is little there as well. Good use of imported material.

Level 24
Reviewed by Linaze
[√] Scanned for viruses.
[√] Contains no errors that crashes the map.
[√] Credits is properly displayed.

Terrain
I thought the terrain was quite good, and there were enough doodads to make it look appealing. Also good that the different "clips" looked as though they we're taking in entirely different maps, different tiles etc.
-- 3.5 / 5 --
Camera Movement
I though the camera was good, first "hiding" the joke, then moving to revel what was so funny, good work on that. Though in some cases the camera was too still for it to be enjoyable.
-- 3 / 5 --
Originality
I have not watched any cinematic that is anything like this. Perhaps there are some, which I guess there are, but I say these kind of humor cinematics are still quite rare.
-- 4 / 5 --
Fun-Factor
Some jokes were funnier than others, I personally disliked quite a few. However, some were good and some were awesome. It differed a lot which in my opinion isn't a good thing.
-- 2 / 5 --
Overall
Overall, this was a quite good cinematic, and I enjoyed watching it to some extent. I think you could've picked better jokes at some times, but that differs from person to person, as some might actually enjoy these jokes very much in comparison to me. I think there is room for some improvement, but not that much. My vote goes for approving this map.
-- 12.5 / 20 * 100 = 62.5 --
Linaze Rating System
0-9 - Unacceptable
10-19 - Awful
20-29 - Bad
30-39 - Not Good
40-49 - Mediocre
50-59 - Okay
60-69 - Good
70-79 - Great
80-89 - Awesome
90-99 - Director's Cut
100 - Sub-Zero

Last edited:
Level 14
Muhahaha, Septimus! The tables have turned, now I am reviewing your work :)

- The terrain was pretty good at most parts, but nothing epic. Some parts, however(e.g. The ticket booth, the beauty pageant...) had average terrain, nothing special. I liked how you improved the indoor terrains but you need to focus on the proportions. For example, one cheese slice in the drunken man scene was bigger then the shelf and there was a giant candle that was "cutting through the shelf" which isn't very logical(I mean, at the very least it would burn down the wood).

- The cameras were pretty good, revealing the joke like that. There was no camera movement, but this is expected in this kind of map. However I would suggest finding a better camera angle.

- Most of the jokes were not that funny in my opinion. There were a few jokes that were really good and a few that were rather bad but most of it is somewhere in between - some people will like it, some won't. I recon this is the type of map which can get 10 votes 5/5 and 10 votes 2/5 because if you like all the jokes and they make you laugh really hard you will obviously like it and if the jokes don't collide with your sense of humor then you will dislike this map.

- The cinematic has voice actors which is always a plus no matter how bad the quality of the voices is.

Overall
- An alright cinematic, worth watching if you want to get a laugh or two. Don't expect too much action in it or story though.

My Advice
- Improve the terrain, fix the overgrown candle and maybe alter some camera angels. Maybe change some of the jokes, but it's a matter of personal opinion.

Score
- A good cinematic. 3.5/5 because I disliked some of the jokes and I only found a few of them funny and because it could use more terrain tweaking.

Last edited:
Level 7
It looks to me that there are a lot of positive reviews here. The terrain and camera angels were very good. Some of the doodads were weird proportion wise but still you can tell this map was well triggered.

I'm sorry to say but I didn't laugh at all though, and none of the jokes were very funny. I also didn't much care for the laugh track as it made it seem like you were telling me when to laugh and when not laugh. I think next time you need to sit down with a group of friends and tell them your jokes and make sure they are funny before you make a cinematic of jokes.

Also you need to work on the delivery, it seems like some of the jokes were just off...some of them were very inappropriate aswell like the drunk guy. Maybe instead of using all the fowl language you could have used a better choice of words.

I know I sound like somewhat of a jerk after seeing all these positive reviews but this cinematic was just one of those things that just makes you shake your head in disbelief because of how unfunny it is.

I'm sorry but I have to disapprove of this map and give it a rating of 2/5.

+1 for great camera angles and good terrain
+1 for clean triggering
-1 explicit material
-1 for horrible jokes
-1 laugh track and delivery

Level 13
It looks to me that there are a lot of positive reviews here. The terrain and camera angels were very good. Some of the doodads were weird proportion wise but still you can tell this map was well triggered.

I'm sorry to say but I didn't laugh at all though, and none of the jokes were very funny. I also didn't much care for the laugh track as it made it seem like you were telling me when to laugh and when not laugh. I think next time you need to sit down with a group of friends and tell them your jokes and make sure they are funny before you make a cinematic of jokes.

Also you need to work on the delivery, it seems like some of the jokes were just off...some of them were very inappropriate aswell like the drunk guy. Maybe instead of using all the fowl language you could have used a better choice of words.

I know I sound like somewhat of a jerk after seeing all these positive reviews but this cinematic was just one of those things that just makes you shake your head in disbelief because of how unfunny it is.

+1 for clean triggering
-1 explicit material
-1 for horrible jokes

in some things you are right....but only in some.....there were good old jokes so pls think about them eartlier than you next time will spit on them....

and about that laugh track....its lame to put it in cinematic....
4.5/5

+5 for all
-1 for that laugh track
+0.5 for shoopdawoop

Level 31

+1 for clean triggering
-1 explicit material
-1 for horrible jokes

Well, if you have ever watch any television jokes such as just for laughs, comedy inc, mr.bean or any sitcom drama. They usually dubbed in the sound of laughing everytime a funny situation occur.

Jokes in this cinematic have been make as simple as possible to enable viewer to understand it, since some viewer are not native speaker of english language - they might be having hard time trying to understand it if the jokes is rather compleks.

If you disapprove (reject) a resources just because you do not like the way of how the map have been assemble is not the way it should be. I suggest you to learn more about reviewing.

Level 2
Lol

lol it haahha the one with the wat does fuck mean it really made me laugh its like "mom can i fuck the turkey tonight?" wahahahahhahahahahahahahah:xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd:

I did not find the jokes funny, and the luagh track was annoying (Yes, they are in TV jokes too, but they annoy me alot then) but regardless of those (since evidently others enjoy it). . . .

Rules said:
Offensive Material

The posting of racist, nazi, hateful, threatening, discriminatory, sexist, sexually-orientated, obscene, vulgar, or otherwise offensive material is expressly forbidden. Violators will be punished most severely.
Looks like it breaks the rules to me. You could argue that it doesn't matter since the main theme doesn't revovle around it, but thats like saying your allowed to post a skin of a pants & underpantsless orc, as long is its wearing a shirt so it isn't completly without clothes.

Level 31
As far as I know, the only possible part that violate rules is when the child ask his father what is the term of "F" word was.

Anyway, that is also another main reason of why this resources of mine is still at pending stage or else I already get other mod/admin to approve it.

I have check the definition, rules & guideline before uploading it and seems to be fine. Still, I would get other mod/admin opinion about it.

As far as I know, the only possible part that violate rules is when the child ask his father what is the term of "F" word was.

Anyway, that is also another main reason of why this resources of mine is still at pending stage or else I already get other mod/admin to approve it.

I have check the definition, rules & guideline before uploading it and seems to be fine. Still, I would get other mod/admin opinion about it.
I was referring to the drunk guy at the bar. I never watched it past there, but from comments & what you said, it sounds like it continues in that manner.

Indeed, it depends on what the other moderators\admin think, but it looked like it quiet clearly broke the rules to me, so I wasn't aware that's what it is waiting on.

I must have missunderstood the rules if you read them and you understand it to be OK, though.