• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Items - Invulnerable while being beared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hi

Goal: Items that are carried by a unit should be invulnerable, if the item is dropped the effect should be still active for 1 sec. after that the item can be destroyed.
any ideas without triggers checking for pick up , drop down, and loose.

Level 9
jeah it is possible - more or less. let me explain. my heroes bear 6 items in the 6 always open slots. if i cast grenade launcher on this unit, sometimes items get destroyed ( the effect is a dmg effect with search area).
so you are right, in fact it just needs invulnerable items the very moment a item is lost by the bearer.
it would be easier if there is a possibility to check if an item is beared (flag hidden) or not but it seems to be impossible without checkking each item to be collected, dropped, lost, resulting in 1000 of item trigger actions.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
SWAT Aftermath is the best. All others were childish ammature creations that relied on grinding or luck to win.

I am guessing what you are after could be done with a simple trigger that when an item (any item) is picked up it becomes invulnerable while if an item is dropped it becomes vulnerable.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
it's really about teamplay and tactics.
Or you load a massive rank character that has access to the good classes who can summon gunship support helicopters and things. That is if there was not the penalty for "over rank" which then causes 11 bosses to spawn on the first wave which rip you appart. Yes, one should never load a maximum rank character as the game difficulty becomes stupid.

SWAT Aftermath is entirly team and tactics based. Rank does not make the game any harder, game difficulty does. Also all players have access to all but 2 classes and these classes are not particually better than ones the player can choose from the start.

So did my idea work?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
he cannot win solo
Which he should be able to if he is the only player in the game. Otherwise this just shows a lack of gameplay scaling.

SWAT Aftermath has a lot more depth to it. It is not ment to be a survival based game (although there is a mode for that) so you need to move around and do stuff. When you get to the higher difficulties enemies start having strong abilities making it even harder. Let us not forget the Nemisis final boss which has to be one of the best boss battles in WarCraft III (especially in extinction difficulty).

ofc trigger work but i dislike having triggers
Nothing is wrong with triggers as long as they are made efficiently. If you want to do silly things then you often need triggers since the data editor logic is designed not to be too silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.