• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item variety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I do hope that D3 has more armor and weapon variety and available choices. Back in D2, every person of the same class would be wielding the same shield and nice armor. We should have more things to choose from and have different armor types as opposed to the same look as everyone else. I've noticed in the inventory menu there are more slots, such as the shoulder plate slot.

Still, this raises a question, is blizzard going to put in the extra work?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
They should replace uniques with exeptional drops where they are simlar to uniques but more random. Uniques should be truely unique and be one of each a ladder as well as being worth upgrading so that they actually are valuable.

Basically exeptional drops would replace uniques but be slighly more random of quality (simlar to magical and rare). Uniques would then make more sense as how many "Andariel's Visage" (an example) pieces can there be if they are meant to come from the Andariel?. However uniques should be only slighly better than exeptional drops for ballence reason (still good enough to be always good to keep). This would mean that owning uniques would not make you insainly powerful but you would have something to treasure (as it is one of a kind). This idea is more for ladder play but would certianly bring more pride into certain pieces as you would not have 103 people all with perfect enigmas with identical stats and other such overused items.

I also think set names should be changed from being positional to more generic as currently it makes no sense that Tal Rasha had over 100 sets of armor and orbs.

note - all above does note reflect what blizzard is actually doing and is purly an idea that I thought of that I think may be good.

Level 9
What i meant was, i'm not totally convinced, but knowing that's it's blizzard and not some shitty company, shines light on the whole thing.

Level 27
Im not praising WoW... but the only way to get like 10 different set items that are considered 'ultimate' is wow-style because like every one of that 10 sets could have a different purpose or affect different skills so you will be able to rush, tank, deal mass damage etc. to bosses or enemies or in duels... not that i praise WoW.. but its a damn good system.. but Diablo has sooo much bonuses that WoW doesn't have.

Like,

2 to X skill
Half freeze duration
X% more chance for magic item
X% more gold of creeps

All that kind of things, those were brilliant.

Level 5
What i meant was, i'm not totally convinced, but knowing that's it's blizzard and not some shitty company, shines light on the whole thing.

Too bad It was Blizzard North who made the original D. Since Blizzard North is no more... Blizzard World of Warcraft will be continuing D.

Level 19
Too bad It was Blizzard North who made the original D. Since Blizzard North is no more... Blizzard World of Warcraft will be continuing D.

Actually Blizzard North worked on Diablo 3 for 3 years before the project was stopped though it was recontinued later by Blizzard. Also Blizzard North is Blizzard Entertainment so it's not such a big deal.

Level 13
Its his oppinion, people take shuch tings to personaly
I could understand him just saying his opinnion if he said it like this:
"In my opinnion WoW is perhaps the worst game made by Blizzard."
But when he uses a word like "shitstack"(?), then he is almost purposely aggravating people who like World of Warcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.