• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm trying to make a trigger that changes the ownership of the unit targeted by an item to the owner of of the unit that uses the item, how do i detect the target of an item?

Level 4
Use the event "Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability". And the condition will be the ability the item is based on.

For Example

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Lightning (item)
    • Actions

Level 9
I meant when u refer to the unit that the item is targeted in the "Actions" part of the trigger.
For example to find the unit that is a target of a spell u would use "Event Response - Target unit of ability being cast" but for items im not sure which to use.

Level 13
an item which allows you to use the ability charm, i guess there is alredy one, i just cant remember/translate the name excactly, sth like "staff of dominion" maybe, or just create a new one with charm (charm is ultimate spell of dark ranger, if you meant that)

Level 9
But what different does it make if i already tried with the other items and it doesn't work?

BTW: Does anyone know which spells don't share cool down? (if i give the unit 2 of the same type of that spell and the second one wont get activated when the first one is used.)

Level 19
make it item ability and give it to item
there you have an item that makes target enemy yours

Level 9
Oh, i was looking for a trigger so i can add conditions. but im using the spell as the trigger of the item instead of item itself, seems to be working so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.