• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Stacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
All right like the topic sez i need help on making items with charges to stack ( like healing potions- 2 charge + healing potion 4 charge= healing potion 6 charge) i got to the point where the items stack, but with all of the pervious items and current charged items giving you a much higher number than needed.
Dose any one have a solution to stacking items? Oh an multiple hero will be stacking.

Level 4
dunno, cant help yah.. but i think you should make more spells!!! ASAP!!!! cause mmm 1: ur spells are coo. 2: stewie rubbing his self is sexy. 3: erm read 1-2 =]

Level 7
well i dunno if this is what ur asking for, i whipped it up in 5 minutes so thers probably a better way too, but here, basically stacks charged items as u pick them up,

JASS:
function Trig_ITEMS_Acquisition_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local boolean check = false
    set bj_forLoopAIndex = 1
    set bj_forLoopAIndexEnd = 6
    loop
        exitwhen bj_forLoopAIndex > bj_forLoopAIndexEnd
        if ( (check == false) and ( GetItemCharges(GetManipulatedItem()) > 0 ) and ( GetItemCharges(UnitItemInSlotBJ(GetManipulatingUnit(), GetForLoopIndexA())) > 0 ) and ( GetItemTypeId(UnitItemInSlotBJ(GetManipulatingUnit(), GetForLoopIndexA())) == GetItemTypeId(GetManipulatedItem()) ) and ( UnitItemInSlotBJ(GetManipulatingUnit(), GetForLoopIndexA()) != GetManipulatedItem() ) ) then
            call SetItemCharges( UnitItemInSlotBJ(GetManipulatingUnit(), GetForLoopIndexA()), ( GetItemCharges(UnitItemInSlotBJ(GetManipulatingUnit(), GetForLoopIndexA())) + GetItemCharges(GetManipulatedItem()) ) )
            call RemoveItem( GetManipulatedItem() )
            set check = true
        else
            call DoNothing(  )
        endif
        set bj_forLoopAIndex = bj_forLoopAIndex + 1
    endloop
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_ITEMS_Acquisition takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_ITEMS_Acquisition = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_ITEMS_Acquisition, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_PICKUP_ITEM )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_ITEMS_Acquisition, function Trig_ITEMS_Acquisition_Actions )
endfunction

i'm assuming u can figure out the trigger from that, i am too lazy to copy the actual trigger

Level 8
Heh.

The general idea is to make the item capable of having 99 charges, but when they pick it up, change the charges to how many the single item has. When they pick up a second one, destroy it and increase the charges on the one you already have.

Level 5
Thanks alot for comming up with that Raptor--(actualy wasn't to far off from mine)

Thanks one more time because my map would not work with out it.

Status
Not open for further replies.