• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item Life Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I made a spell using Item Life Bonus as base ability, it is triggered that when hero casts a spell on his target, to increase target HP. However, the ability does not level up.
The another way I know of doing it is using Upgrades, but that would upgrade other units of same unit-type, which I don't want.
I looked up on the forum and found an old thread, where the solution was to use the bug where the real value of HP was removed upon removal of the ability, so you could give the unit ability with negative bonus and remove it to get positive bonus.
However, I tried that out and it somehow doesn't work for me.

Is there any way I can make an ability that increases maximum health with multiple levels? Maybe another ability that increases health? Maybe an upgrade that applies to all units without them having it under "Upgrades Used"? Or something else?

Level 5
How are you using the Item Life Bonus ability? To abuse the bug, you have to give it at least 2 levels.
Level 1 - 0 HP
Level 2 - The opposite of how much HP you want to add (to add 5 HP, set it to -5)

Then you would give the spell to whatever unit you want, set the level of the ability to 2, and then remove it. If this doesn't work, you could always try using someone else's system. I personally like this one. :)
I'm pretty noobish, so if I failed to help, I'm sorry :vw_sad:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/.../?prev=search=custom%20stats&d=list&r=20&t=65

Status
Not open for further replies.