• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Affixes & Modifier Brainstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Bashiok started a thread on the Diablo 3 Battle.net forums where he asks posters to suggest affixes and modifiers for items.

Bashiok said:
In a recent thread I gave some information on our customization options in Diablo III. In that thread I also let everyone know that we`re adding a ton of new item affixes. We`re looking to have a lot of interesting stats and to really kick down the gates and see how many diffrent modifications we can throw out there. To help us with that we`d like you to throw out some of your own ideas.

An affix is essentially is just a stat or modifying statement on an item. It may increase a basic stat like Strength, or it may do something a bit more interesting like cause an enemy to take nature damage over time. An example of the kind of post we`re looking for (these aren`t final):

Increased chance to find gold
Additional XP gained from killing monsters
Restores life for each successful hit

It`s not necessary to worry about how balanced it may or may not be, if it scales or is a fixed amount, or any in-depth details on how it will play out. This is essentially a brainstorm. Throw out your ideas however crazy they may sound and let us worry about seeing if it`ll work or not, and how. A list just like the one I gave works perfectly well for us. If you want to also throw on an affix name feel free but it isn`t necessary.

Let`s keep any discussion to a minimum too please. It`s a brainstorm, this isn`t a place to critique off the wall ideas.

Source: Battle.net

Last edited:
Level 24
Second to comment ,I knew it!

Diablo 3 isn't lost!

Well about item affixes

2199.jpg

8.jpg

27.jpg

I think the old ones are just about enough and ''on the limit'', I can't find any better options!

Level 3
Huh lets see,
-20% Chance to bleed 100 damage over 10 seconds to the target stacks 3 times.
-30% Chance of Increasing Dex with 200 stacks 3 times
-10% Chance of causing a Knockback to a non-hero unit
-35% chance of increasing Armor with 500 for 20 seconds stacks 5 times
-x Chance of evading attacks for 5 seconds

Level 8
Just a few ideas I have...

------On attack suffixes (weapons)------

25% of delivering a spectral attack
Converts all the physical damage of the weapon to magic damage for that attack which ignores defense

25% of delivering a crippling blow
Reduce the damage & attack speed of target by 25%.

25% of blinding blow
Non-heroes are unable to attack. Heroes have no L.O.S. for a very short duration

25% of Taunting Target
Cause target non-hero unit to be forced to attack the hero and cause hero to have 300 bonus armor vs that unit. Only effects non heroes

% chance of cleaving
Grants the player a "Zeal" when killing a unit granting an very fast additional attack. If that additional attack kills an unit the player gets another additional attack.
(Very usefull againts masses of units. Useless pvp)

----------"Special Suffixes"--------

% of Implosion
Apon killing units they are effected by a Corpse Explosion like effect, dealing damage based on their max life to nearby units. This shouldn't effect heroes.

Ignite #
When attacked the player become ignited, taking # every 2 seconds, but while the player is ignited the player deals +# fire damage and cause target to take staking # damage every second. The damage the player takes deals to itself with ignite does not stack.
(Very usefull for players with a high fire resistance and fast attack speed. Extreamly potent vs bosses. Very weak vs masses of mosters)

Contagion #
As above except poison damage

Frost Bite #
When attacked the caster become slowed by 25%. While the hero is under the effects of frost bite, all its attacks deal # bonus cold damage and slow units.

redeeming %
Converts a % of the damage taken an adds it to mana

Delay Poison %
When the player is poisoned it, the poison duration is increased by that %.
Example
The player takes 6 Poison damage over 2 seconds
The player has a item with Delay Poison 100%
The player now takes 6 poison damage over 4 seconds instead.

% Freedom of Movement
Reduce the pecentage at which the player is slowed by %.

-------------Apon attacked:--------

25% chance of becoming Ethereal apon dealt damage
Cause the hero to gain 80% physical resistance, but reducing its physical damage by 80% and increasing damage taken from pure "magic" attacks by 80%.
(Would be very usefull for spellcasters!)

25% chance of repulse
Knockbacks non-hero melee attackers. Heroes become interupted.

5% chance of creating Illusion
chance of creating a "Decoy"of the player like the the Decoy ability of the amazon (Diablo II)
(Very usefull againts monsters to divert some of the attacks of monsters)

Status
Not open for further replies.