• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item Ability Autocast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i need to make an item with an ability that autocast an ability when a unit comes into range, i need it to cast from the item so the unit holding the item doesnt need to move or turn towards the unit to cast it,
The unit needs to follow a route and the item will cast the ability on an enemy when it coems into range, i have tryed to make it but havent managed yet, i know it can be done theres an item on 'Castle Wars' like it, has a staff that fires a projectile without the builder moving or turning, just carrys on building.

Please Help ^_^

Level 2
okay pheonix fire didnt work and remove 'faerie fire' from what? i tryed faerire fire on the item and the unit kept autodropping the item and it wouldnt pick it back up.
made an item with pheonix fire aswell and it did nothing. :(

can someone just give it to me easy, like what item to you what ability to use and how to change them to sort it autocasting on enemy targets, without the unit having to turn to cast its ability.

Level 2
i make the items now but for some reason my units auto drop it and my hero units and normal units wont pick it up, i dont know why :( Okay Sorted That Now

The item still wont autocast and it still needs the unit to turn and face the target to cast the ability but i dont want that, i need the item to cast on its own without dependance on the unit

Last edited:
i make the items now but for some reason my units auto drop it and my hero units and normal units wont pick it up, i dont know why :( Okay Sorted That Now

The item still wont autocast and it still needs the unit to turn and face the target to cast the ability but i dont want that, i need the item to cast on its own without dependance on the unit

what ability did you use?

Level 7
try using triggers, it shouldnt be hard, there are sometimes when its fine to use basic spells, but triggers would make it much eaiser.

Level 2
what ability did you use?

errr think i used 'Item Fireball' i think :p
ive seen items autocasting themselves witrhout the unit having to move or rotate towards the target so there is a way, its on castle fight but i cant manage to figure out how he did it, and people have suggested to use triggers but i dont know what to make a trigger for it

Level 4
I tried out Castle Wars to see what you're talking about, and I'm positive that SlayerII had the right idea when he told you to use Phoenix Fire.
okay pheonix fire didnt work
What problem are you having with it? Is it not firing at all, or not at the correct targets, or...? Getting Phoenix Fire to work is the simplest way to solve your problem, so help us help you.

Set buff to last 0.01 seconds , in other words, unit that has the buff will not be hit twise, and there is a Cooldown before next hit , both need to be 0.01 for best performance.

that duration is okay but a .01 cooldown for pheonix fire? I think thats too much unless you set the damage to a small value...

Level 2
i set the buff to 0.01,
okay i used pheonix fire but it kept hitting itself and not the enemy target so i set it so it cannot cast on itself, Targets: Air, Ground, Enemy. but once i had done that ingame the unit dropped the item with an error message, cannot cast ability. but i dont know why it did that, i set the pheonix fire ability fine, buff is 0.01 CD is 4, DMG 10, everything else doesnt matter, i have set the targets aswell but it wont work, also if i need this ability to work from an item does the item need, use automatically when aquired and activly use?

i set the buff to 0.01,
okay i used pheonix fire but it kept hitting itself and not the enemy target so i set it so it cannot cast on itself, Targets: Air, Ground, Enemy. but once i had done that ingame the unit dropped the item with an error message, cannot cast ability. but i dont know why it did that, i set the pheonix fire ability fine, buff is 0.01 CD is 4, DMG 10, everything else doesnt matter, i have set the targets aswell but it wont work, also if i need this ability to work from an item does the item need, use automatically when aquired and activly use?

I use phoenix fire regularly and I even don't change the targets.. and it doesn't bug for me... and you don't need use auto and actively used....

Status
Not open for further replies.