• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Issuing an order with no target in jass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello

I am currently making a campaign and want to make a unit that has an un-auto-castable Parasite.
I wanted to make it impossible to auto-cast the spell with this simple trigger.

Events
Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
Conditions
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(parasiteon))
Actions
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Neutral - Deactivate Parasite

Except that it is impossible to do that since the order "Neutral - Deactivate Parasite" is not on the list of Orders in the GUI trigger editor.

So I think the simplest method would be to write the entire thing with order strings in Jass but I don't really want to learn jass just for one trigger so could someone please translate this into jass?

Thanks in advance.

Level 3
For things like this it’s generally better just to make a ‘fake’ ability based on channel that you give to the unit, then dummy cast parasite on its target when that ability is cast.

That was my initial solution but, I still want the casting unit to be the damage source for the parasite.
It saves me a lot of time with several things later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.