• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Jungle Terrain Template

ISLAND JUNGLE TEMPLATE

A new terrain/template I created . Can be used in Mini Game map, Cinematic, Survival, Arena etc .

Screenshot

ChangeLogs

Remove unnecessary doodads.

Credits

Ultimate Terraining 3.0
Thanks to those people who created models for UTM :D

Keywords:
Jungle, Island, Template, Terrain. Animals, Tree, Nature, Natural, Sea.
Contents

Island Jungle Terrain Template (Map)

Reviews
11:51, 17th Jan 2014 Hell_Master: Not much changes happen on the update after my old review though the presence of more playable space in map makes me raise my rating from 2/5 to 3/5 though could still have more playable space (a little if to be...

M

11:51, 17th Jan 2014
Hell_Master: Not much changes happen on the update after my old review though the presence of more playable space in map makes me raise my rating from 2/5 to 3/5 though could still have more playable space (a little if to be specific). Good job.

Old Review: Review

If you need a review once again, please do PM/VM me.

Level 21
Not bad one! Here is my review:-

- The jungle contains excessive trees grouped in a vast disordered welter! By using normal camera view I can see nothing except the leaves of the lofty, large trees.

- The beach lacks of doodads and the terrain in there is poor!

- The cliffs u made by raising r cool yet too flat! Perhaps smoothening could resolve this problem.

- The presentation itself is cheap! One screenshot revealing the entire map isn't enough!

- The terrain of the jungle, from what I could see by zooming in and by hiding doodads sometimes, is fine. However, there isn't a vast variety of terrain. Where is dirt and dark grass? The paths should be made with dirt with some rough dirt on it. Some points where there is grass could be better with dark grass.

- I found a very very very strange thing in the Object Editor. Why did u rename ALL doodads and destructibles? This creates lag in the game and it's extremely futile what u've done.

WHAT I SUGGEST:-
- Smoothen the cliffs
- Improve ur terrain in the beach! It's empty so fill it with doodads (DON'T SPAM)
- Add more screenshots to ur description
- Rework the terrain in the jungle as I listed above
- Reset to default ALL doodads in the Object Editor which r unused in ur template
- Add another custom tree in the jungle
- If u really want to let this map be used for a mini-game, survival arena... anything that needs gameplay, u need to remove some trees OR make them smaller

Overall, I'll give it whether 2/5, or 2.5/5 but still rate it 3 (I've been generous, should be 2) and vote for APPROVAL!

Edit: I'll give it 2

Last edited:
- The presentation itself is cheap! One screenshot revealing the entire map isn't enough!
Remember, In terrain template you don't need more screeshot. 1 entire map picture is enough to view the terrain .

- I found a very very very strange thing in the Object Editor. Why did u rename ALL doodads and destructibles? These creates lag in the game and it's extremely futile what u've done.
I laugh that you said it . I used UTM thats why there was many many custom doodads . Do you use it ? Or you don't know the ultimate terraining 3.0 ?
And also to prevent LAG , you must uncheck the brush list .

Any way thanks to your review .

Last edited:
Perhaps 1 screenshot revealing the entire map is enough. However, putting more than 1 will attract more people. Also, all imported things that r unused take a lot of space! 4.1 MB for a template is too much!

That's Why I said that I used UTM . Therefore, this template can manageable , The user can modify it by adding more doodads , because the doodads are all ready .

Level 30
I do think that UTMs are only meant to be used when we are to show terrain screenshots and not actually for submission of Terrain Templates Maps so removing it is really beneficial (though I am not a perfect person so I dont know.)

By the way my review of this map here and reps for the decent template:

The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Hell_Master
Map Name: Island Jungle Terrain Template
Map Author: sigelang

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Terrain

The terrain is quite decent but if you will ask me. I expect a better terrain than this, no offense. The terrain is not that unique. It has nothing that can pull your attention into it and most of the places are spammed by trees which only leaves a small space of playable space in it. And seeing that the trees also blocks player's view if incase this will be used as a playable map.

The beach part of the terrain could also use some tile variations, try mixing some dirts into it and maybe some Sunken Manmade tiles. Always go for a unique style of terraining instead of doing a simple beach, add something in it through tile variations and also it could use some more doodads and destructibles in it.

The water areas of the map could also use some Water doodads such as corals, fishes, rocks and even destroyed ships and ships.

And because you are using UTM, there are more doodads and destructibles in it. Overall, this is a decent terrain but could be better with more playable spaces because a template's usefulness is from its playability as far as I know and also because of the large sized trees, it blocks the player's view of the game which is quite bad.

Score: 52/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

More playable spaces in maps.

Avoid spamming the whole terrain with Trees because it blocks the player's view due to its sizes and it leaves little space that is playable in it. Either make the trees smaller or lower the count of it in the terrain.

Beach part of the map could use some more doodads/destructibles. Do not go always for a simple beach instead something unique.

Water part of the map is quite empty and could have some more doodads/destructibles aswell.

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 52.000/100
2/5 Vote for Approval

mr_user_Hell_Master.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Level 21
Not many things new. I think the "Tree: Night Elf Green (3)" doesn't really fit because it's too bulky that I can't see at all what's beneath them so this map can ONLY be used for cinematics.
Ah, and putting some corals around the water beside the beach isn't enough to make a decent beach. Fill the beach itself too and not only the water!

Level 7
sigelang, I take a look on your map and it's nice. Here's my review

IamFootman061

Island Jungle Terrain Template
Review by IamFootman061

Good things:

Terrain. Terrain is nice for me actually. I think it's fit for a cinematic because of the trees blocking the in game view.

Fair things:

Fog. The fog for me doesn't look good because the start is 700 and it doesn't look good because of it.(For me)
Object Data. The rocks need to set the Maximum roll angle and Maximum pitch angle to 180.

Bad things:

Doodads. Some doodads is not place correctly. The beach part for me is quite empty.

Suggestions:

Add more doodads.
Set the fog correctly.
Set the rocks object data well. (As I say before)

Level 4
You cant see anything the trees are to high, I rly dont know wich map could use this Terrain the playable space is too less and I also dont like the Palm model, it look unrealistic
I also think you should have added some path blockers arount the cliffs, and maybe add some Stones there

You cant see anything the trees are to high, I rly dont know wich map could use this Terrain the playable space is too less and I also dont like the Palm model, it look unrealistic
I also think you should have added some path blockers arount the cliffs, and maybe add some Stones there

I think you don't know what is terrain template .
You can modify this, you can add pathing blockers etc . .
What ? Palm trees ? You don't always use a realistic trees on terraining . . It is hard to find and If I use a realistic tree, It doesn't fit to the other doodads . .
your opinion is unacceptable . . .

Also,. not all terrain template are usable to all map genre , This is recommended for cinematic or a mini game map .
If your problem is the size of the trees, you can adjust your camera distance . . .

Level 21
I have to agree with sigelang
Sincerly Sh4ke, what you wrote is almost pointless. Putting pathing blockers depends on user's needs so if they aren't already put, it's not a problem. The palm tree is unrealistic? And so? This is a game not reality, otherwise everything would be fake. And a template shouldn't be made for all categories, it can be done for specific ones so don't say that this template is useless, it still has its uses concerning the few playable space.
A tip from me, before commenting another template, make sure you don't talk about pathing blockers, unrealistic stuff and inutility of a map. Just say what you think of the terrain, how doodads were applied and the aspect of both together. Otherwise, better to remain silent.

Again with the damned screenshots ... It's a fucking template I doesn't need a flashy description, or screenshots. Don't be lazy open the map and check it.

Edit: Actually in-editor/game looks better than in the screen. It is a very well made template but lacks a bit of color maybe (some flowers and other plants), also add a sky model. Try adding some effects as doodads like in this Template 4.5/5.

You rated this resource with 1? Are you fucking kidding me? :vw_death:

Last edited:
Level 30
Seconded on what meatfactory said about the screenshots, I pretty much think screenshot is not mandatory in templates and small maps as this. (Learned that)

But I agree with what Sh4ke said about the terrain still lacking much playable space but seeing that it's a jungle, it could only use a little not much of playable space because it will lose its purpose of being named Jungle. I also agree with how the trees blocks much of the players' view but for the trees, I pretty much think that they are just fine.