• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

---Island Invasions - Beta Testers recruiting now---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Island invasions is a great map, similar to 'The New World' by Kitabatake & Aeroblyctos, but in its own way very different. I have had no tester so far that has not enjoyed it, so i am expecting great results from the map. I am looking for online testers as so far i have just been testing with a few friends, and their opinions are bias so i need help. There is info about the map below so please read on, and an early version of the betas is below. If you would like to help leave a comment or pm me.

Terrain

-So far terrain has been changed from a great terrain to an even better one. The idea of my map is that you are never safe so long as someone else exists.

-There are a number of islands each of which can fit 1 2 or 3 players at the start. there is only one island that has space for one person and it is only luck that will assure a player that spot. Every player will begin with a capital and some buildings, depending on their position.

-The islands have been carefully checked to insure that you cannot run through trees or something else involving the pathing, increasing the realism. Also it is hard to cross the rivers at the beginning of the game as pirates roam the waters.

Gameplay

- There are a number of random events that can happen at ANY time, (they are never set up so will almost always be in a different order). Also there is a clever weather system, which includes hazardous thunder storms that can potentially wipe out an army or a base.

-Research has been carefully created so that it will last a long time, and it is exceptionally hard to get the uber units. Gold and lumber depend on income, (every 60 seconds) however this time can be decreased by capturing ore extractors.

-There are also other captureable buildings such as a volcano, which can be used to enhance your troops or unleash devastation on you enemies. There are many different models and icons used to enhance the visual gameplay and also heros can be trained.

More information will be released once a team of testers has been assembled, however likely this map will be openly available very soon as it is exiting beta stages.

Tester Requirements:
-Active,
-Contactable n Hive workshop,
-Lots of free time,
-Enjoys the map,
-Does not suck at the map as badly as i do,
-Willing,
-Observational.

Screenshots will be coming and the single player test version will be uploaded soon also. Please leave a comment if you are interested,
Thanks
Jaijaibinx

Status
Not open for further replies.