• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Is possible inventory of 8 slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I'm Brazilian!
I want to ask for help from more experienced!

I wish an inventory of 8 slots
Today I made a modification in the UI by adding two more slots, however there is a hindrance to programming that has never been my strong suit, but when looking at the script files "Blizzard.j" I came across a lot of inventory functions including the maximum that is 6.

Excerpt from the code:

JASS:
// Game constants
    constant integer   bj_MAX_INVENTORY                 =   6

Here show how the UI:

Who can give support thank you!

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

I believe max of 6 is hardcoded, you can't change it.

The best solution is a backpack system.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

You won't just add two random spaces on the hardcoded warcraft UI. It's certainly possible to add "invisible" inventory spaces, though.

Level 2
It's certainly possible to add "invisible" inventory spaces, though.

Now clearer, I have seen so many inventory systems here but I couldn't find a simple, functional and editable.
You "EdgeOfChaos" can you help me!

Level 14
I understand, but still I think possible! just do not know how :cq:.

If you use multiple unit-backpack abilities you can pick up more items (i got 8 picked up by a rifleman using HU [6] & NE [2] backpacks). However,the 1st two items I picked up disappeared.

I don't know if they're hidden behind the UI or just gone.

//\\oo//\\

Edit:
last two comments just appeared... weird. SO this post is moot...

Level 2
If you use multiple unit-backpack abilities you can pick up more items (i got 8 picked up by a rifleman using HU [6] & NE [2] backpacks). However,the 1st two items I picked up disappeared.

Maybe set a new position for ability to drive NE [2], as do?

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

There are many ways of making more inventory slots available.

1) The most basic solution is this: create a unit with inventory that teleports to you every 3-4 seconds, and you can use it as a backpack.

2) Slightly more advanced: make an ability that swaps between inventories. Store the handles and swap between them.

3) More advanced: auto-store the handles when you pick up an item even when inventory is full.

4) Make a custom UI, See TKoK RPG

Level 2
There are many ways of making more inventory slots available.

1) The most basic solution is this: create a unit with inventory that teleports to you every 3-4 seconds, and you can use it as a backpack.

2) Slightly more advanced: make an ability that swaps between inventories. Store the handles and swap between them.

3) More advanced: auto-store the handles when you pick up an item even when inventory is full.

4) Make a custom UI, See TKoK RPG

I think I got it, you've helped me and the rest too!
:thumbs_up: Thank you all! :thumbs_up:

You can see if the staff approved in case I want to upload!

"The Site credits The Helper Net by patrol button remover."

:fp: See attachment if my Inventory System is good!

Attachments

• Inventory Easy System GUI.w3x
    25.5 KB · Views: 121
Level 17
Now clearer, I have seen so many inventory systems here but I couldn't find a simple, functional and editable.

every serious one wrote in jass or vjass, all editeable if you learn jass :)
what i did is 10 equipment slot+20 inventory and can use bag item (bag is like inventory in inventory :D so limit alot higher than 20 slot because bag takes 1 slot and can if i remember 16 other in it)

but its simple? no... but acctually look good and more realistic for rpg :)
before it i tryed inventory swaping like that map above, and inventory / bagpack with multiboard but i not was satisfied with them

Level 2
every serious one wrote in jass or vjass, all editeable if you learn jass :)
what i did is 10 equipment slot+20 inventory and can use bag item (bag is like inventory in inventory :D so limit alot higher than 20 slot because bag takes 1 slot and can if i remember 16 other in it)

but its simple? no... but acctually look good and more realistic for rpg :)
before it i tryed inventory swaping like that map above, and inventory / bagpack with multiboard but i not was satisfied with them

:vw_death: Your inventory system is very auto level, I believe that I do not reach that level :vw_death:.
:thumbs_up: "maybe in the near future come up with a visual editor for vjass" :thumbs_up:.
:fp: Yours is beautiful, not tested but it sure must be fully functional and editable :infl_thumbs_up:.

Level 17
Status
Not open for further replies.