• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is it possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm trying to give my friend an idea but he doesn't know how to do it , I would like to ask for advices . And is it possible ?

Spell Name : Item Off

Spell Target Type : Target / Enemy

Spell Effect : Once the targetted enemy is affect by Item Off ability , it will lost ( X ) damage overtime and unable to use item effects in inventory , also when the targetted enemy's inventory is full , it will randomly drop an item in the targeted enemy's inventory .

Level 6
He would lose damage? or take damage overtime? I think i know of a way dat is possible but editor only and no text arts (u wnt see his dmg is lowered in the status but when he attacks less dmg)....just use a variable dat minuses from his dmg, make dat variable increases every x seconds and use a add event to calculate for the unit's damage. For the items u can try removing them, putting them into a dummy unit (for trigger reference purposes) then giving them back later, for the full inventory just create a variable that adds 1 for every item he has in using triggers to check items then if variable is 6 then his inventory is full so use triggers to drop that item.

If you want the items to still stay in his inventory, then make dummy items that do nothing then reference them to the original items.

For an easier way, just make an event - unit uses item then check if he is under the effect of the spell then order unit to stop or move unit to position of hero manipulating item, which just teleports him in place but cancels any action. However this wnt affect passive items.

Status
Not open for further replies.