• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invisible Doodads in Classic mode after formatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hey guys, recently i had to format my computer and i saved my map in a back up drive. In the map I've imported a few custom models for doodads and they were working in both Classic and Reforged mode before the formatting. After it, only in Reforged mode they are showing up while being invisible in Classic. I looked everywhere for configurations in the World Editor but nothing seems to fix it. Any idea?

Here are some examples: Left is Classic, Right is Reforged.

Classic.png Reforged.png

I might be talking nonsense here but try to check if it works in another new map.
If it does, then delete that imported model from your old map, change the name of that custom model on your computer (to Snow_Tree_HD_NEW.mdl for example) and upload it to your old map and see if it works (some weird thing similar to this happened to me before on classic).

Level 20
I might be talking nonsense here but try to check if it works in another new map.
If it does, then delete that imported model from your old map, change the name of that custom model on your computer (to Snow_Tree_HD_NEW.mdl for example) and upload it to your old map and see if it works (some weird thing similar to this happened to me before on classic).

I tried and it doesn't. If i use the Support Column doodad it displays just fine, but if it is a tree doodad it bugs. It just doe not make any sense at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.