• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Intro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Hive, I work as a Jr. programmer in ActionScript and Java. Im from Argentina.

I joined the Hive to learn some WC3 mapping and do some creative stuff. Ive been playing with the world editor for about three months now and I think i could try and do something bigger than just a few tests. My discovery of this great site encouraged me to it...

So here I am, If anyone needs an expendable peon for your map, Id be glad to start from there.

I hope that´s enough of an introduction!

Pleased to meet you all...

Level 14
Hello and welcome to the Hive Azor!

Tell me, was it hard to learn how to program in Java? And perhaps you know some good tutorials I could start with?

If you need any help with the world editor fell free to pm me.

Level 2
I was really taught by my "boss" at work, but the java docs in sun´s site were very useful...

Basic java is easy and quick to learn once you get the basics of OOP (Object Oriented Programming). of course, getting a closer look to more complex stuff will take time and effort. Mainly, tons of hours reading guides, tuts and official API documentation. I found XML handling to be quite awkward in Java(in contrast to the sleek XML class in ActionScript 3)...

beware though, once you try OOP you dont come back...I dont want to extend myself too much cause I guess this post aint for chatting about random stuff.

And thank you for the help you offered, I will surely use it....And the models !

Status
Not open for further replies.