• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inside the Cathedral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Another terrain of my upcoming campaign. Tell me what you think:

EDIT: Updated (second screenshot).

Changed the lightning, and added some trees and rocks to hide the yellow of the lower windows.

Added a big golden cross. Still trying to find some more models that look good in a cathedral.

Added some smaller walls, at the bottom of the big walls.
I'm not sure if that is what you meant exactly, Fladdermasken, but I think it looks pretty good.

Attachments

• Inside the Cathedral.jpg
    Inside the Cathedral.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 274
  • Inside the Cathedral New.jpg
    Inside the Cathedral New.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Level 4
It looks awesome. The only thing that annoys me is the yellow/Dark yellow window/block in the back of the picture, Not the one above the head of the paladin but the others :)

Level 11
its very nice,probably the best inside of a cathedral terrain ive seen,the only things i could point out whoel be,as said those,yelowish windows and the background looks kinda empty you should add chair,an altar,statues,candles...i dont know find something that fits

and probably make the tarrain a little darker,being inside of a building i imagine that not so much light would come in

hope this helped you...the best of luck with your campaign project

Level 18
It would've been good for a wip but imo it looks unfinished i remember that the UTM had som nice models to use for a cathedral and like chilla_killa sayed you might wana use more tile variation. Perhaps you could even use statues on the left and right side between those pillars and maybe som candle standerts (dont know the exact name) anyway its a good start

Level 22
Thanks for the comments all.

So the yellow windows need to be improved. I'll put some candles/torches/lanterns next to them, and some rocks or trees behind them, so it won't be completely empty.

I'll check out the UTM for some Cathedral doodads.

About the tiles though, the funny thing is that it's not actually terrain. The whole floor is made with doodads. And to be honest, I really like the floor. I don't think I'll change this.

And...

elredir said:
the best of luck with your campaign project

Thanks. :)

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Not what I meant exactly, but that still did the trick. Like the update way better. Now, try adding some shadows to it as well, to darken the imagery. As elredir stated, it should be a tad bit darker as I don't see any lightsources. Optionally, you could play around with rays to give the impression of light sources. Either way you choose to approach this is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.