• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Inquiry] Project 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
First of all thanks a lot for this Jass Class. I really like it and because its quite interactive its a very good approach for those who don't know anything vJass to learn it anyway, like me!

I was too late to sign up as student and observer but I am trying to follow it anyway. Up till now its been great!

However, I am a bit stuck on Project 2. Are non-students and non-observers allowed to ask questions regarding the material? Because i was wondering if there was going to be review for week 2. I would like to see how the pro's did it. I find looking at other examples really helps the learning process too.

Let me know! I understand students get priority.

First of all, I would like to say that everyone has the right to be a student now.
That News thread about the JASS Class only had one purpose: Finding people who are interested. Eventually, we thought: Why limit the student count? So we decided that everyone is an enrolled student.

Therefore, everyone gets priority.

Project 2 is actually quite simple.
The ideal solution I have in this Solution map is 8 lines of code long.

I'm going to give you time to figure it out and I won't spoil it just yet.
This JASS Class forum will remain for years and years to come.
It only happens once, and anyone can just enter this site at any time and start with Week 1. From there, they would start going up till the final week and optionally submitting their assignments to the Assignment Hand-In forum.
By then, they would be very proficient.

(Since I'm the teacher, I can't give complete answers :v)

Level 31
First of all thanks a lot for this Jass Class. I really like it and because its quite interactive its a very good approach for those who don't know anything vJass to learn it anyway, like me!

I was too late to sign up as student and observer but I am trying to follow it anyway. Up till now its been great!

However, I am a bit stuck on Project 2. Are non-students and non-observers allowed to ask questions regarding the material? Because i was wondering if there was going to be review for week 2. I would like to see how the pro's did it. I find looking at other examples really helps the learning process too.

Let me know! I understand students get priority.

you can ask for hints and so on in submission forum

the person who got it so far took 15 hours to figure it out, and it was all him thinking about how to do it

Level 2
Alright that is really cool! I understand you don't want to give away too much. I am going to give it another good try and also start week 3.

Cheers guys this is good stuff! Thanks again!

Level 4
sorry for being so late, but where's the class? and btw where can i read/watch missed material?

Status
Not open for further replies.