• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In the need of a terrainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hi folks!

I'm working on an AoS map with my friend: I'm the coder and the project leader, while my friend writes all the background stories, hero names, classes, tooltips, things like that.
Everything is going well, I've done like 95-98% of the required systems and 10 heroes so far. However there's something that none of us can do well: terraining!

I'd need a good terrainer to do this part. Once it is done, I'll choose the building and minion models (or fill with temporary ones if needed), write the code for them and open a development thread about our project.

Requirements: experience and the knowledge of custom doodads (so basically you have to know how to use pathingless doodads and pathing blockers).
The tileset is Felwood vs Outland.

I've attached the current map (protected!), just in case if you'r curious. Additional notes about it are in the rar file.

Attachments

• InvasionInDuskwoodTest.rar
    3.4 MB · Views: 43
Level 16
I've attached the current map (protected!), just in case if you're curious.

It's protected, because I've spent tons of days to write those things that are on the map already (I think the current heroes are already funny and interesting, however the systems are capable to handle even more complicated abilities)
It's kinda obvious that I won't share the unprotected map. If you'd like to see the actual map, download it and decide whether you're interested and good enough or not. (Basically it's there to show that this is not another "select one from the 3 tawerns, pick a hero use the copied abilities from DotA")

It's so simple.

Level 2
I really like where the map seems to be going so far and I'd really like to work on the environment for you. I have some great concepts that would work well with the theme of this map. If you'd like, I could design a concept map for you (aka a partial map, kind of like concept art.)

Level 16
Well, my terrainer is back, and promised me that he'll finish it fast (propably in this week).
When this topic has been made, I thought he left the WC3 modding community. He was offline for 2 weeks. However I've got a PM today saying he was very busy and could not even log in, but now he's back. So in theory it'll be done soon.

However if something happens, I'll keep your name. Also, thanks, I'm glad you like the project. I'm trying to do something that's different from the other maps, and hearing other people's feedback, I think I found the right way to make something that's unique and entertaining at the same time.

Level 2
Well I also have other experience with triggering / spell / hero creation so if you need any additional help, don't be afraid to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.