• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In search of talented terrainer(or team) to help me with a large ORPG map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
It's definitely not my strong suit terrain, I already have a map with a lot of the ground work set out, I'm just looking for someone who could improve and refine it.

Obviously you'll get full credit and I'd really love help with this project, and possibly start getting a team together, etc.

Honestly it's 480x480 and it already at the doodad limit. Actually, it's saved well over the limit, but it has a small desert so don't worry too much, because I plan on heavily expanding the desert, for gameplay reasons, as well as to conserve doodads, make terraining a 480x480 less daunting and time consuming, etc.

Level 14
It's definitely not my strong suit terrain,...

Don't sell yourself short mate. I've seen some of your terrains in the media section. Compared to some folks you are way ahead. You just need some practice and with a few tips and tricks I think you are going to better than you think.

Level 5
Don't sell yourself short mate. I've seen some of your terrains in the media section. Compared to some folks you are way ahead. You just need some practice and with a few tips and tricks I think you are going to better than you think.

Well damn, thank you for the vote of confidence! :grin: I really appreciate that, but I'm still hoping to hopefully assemble a team for my project, I'm just trying to get a few more systems in place/refine the ones I have and hopefully a small demo and project page will entice a handful of Hive members to hop on and join me :thumbs_up:

But thank you! :plol:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Yeah I guess I could help out refining terrain, but I don't have interest in creating brand new terrain right now. I checked your media gallery and biggest issue you seem to have is environmental depth.

I also don't like the idea of having to go around searching for assets, so I'd much rather use the existing assets you already have.

Word of warning: I cannot guarantee I can finish the terrain completely, since the amount of work is quite a lot.

Level 5
I actually have some rather high quality assets gathered for this, I'm going for the most realistic style possible.

Also I couldn't expect anyone to really single handedly terrain the entire 480x480 map, but I want to get a little team started, and take a little bit of assistance from anyone really from the community who feel's the urge to terrain.:grin:

If you're interested I have them all bundled up for you, sorry for late reply, was moving into a new house, been busy lol! :xxd:

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-13_22-59-0.png
    upload_2019-7-13_22-59-0.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.