1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

In search of talented terrainer(or team) to help me with a large ORPG map.

Discussion in 'Requests' started by blanabasjim, Jun 5, 2019.

1. blanabasjim

blanabasjim

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's definitely not my strong suit terrain, I already have a map with a lot of the ground work set out, I'm just looking for someone who could improve and refine it.

Obviously you'll get full credit and I'd really love help with this project, and possibly start getting a team together, etc.

Honestly it's 480x480 and it already at the doodad limit. Actually, it's saved well over the limit, but it has a small desert so don't worry too much, because I plan on heavily expanding the desert, for gameplay reasons, as well as to conserve doodads, make terraining a 480x480 less daunting and time consuming, etc.

2. blanabasjim

blanabasjim

Resources:
    Resources:
    !openall
    !closeall

3. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think some screenshots and some gameplay details would help in your recruiting efforts.

4. blanabasjim

blanabasjim

Resources:
    Resources:
    Probably good advice, thank you my good man! :peasant-cheers-back:

5. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't sell yourself short mate. I've seen some of your terrains in the media section. Compared to some folks you are way ahead. You just need some practice and with a few tips and tricks I think you are going to better than you think.

6. blanabasjim

blanabasjim

Resources:
    Resources:

Well damn, thank you for the vote of confidence! :grin: I really appreciate that, but I'm still hoping to hopefully assemble a team for my project, I'm just trying to get a few more systems in place/refine the ones I have and hopefully a small demo and project page will entice a handful of Hive members to hop on and join me :thumbs_up:

But thank you! :plol:

7. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Yeah I guess I could help out refining terrain, but I don't have interest in creating brand new terrain right now. I checked your media gallery and biggest issue you seem to have is environmental depth.

I also don't like the idea of having to go around searching for assets, so I'd much rather use the existing assets you already have.

Word of warning: I cannot guarantee I can finish the terrain completely, since the amount of work is quite a lot.

8. blanabasjim

blanabasjim

Resources:
    Resources:
    I actually have some rather high quality assets gathered for this, I'm going for the most realistic style possible.

Also I couldn't expect anyone to really single handedly terrain the entire 480x480 map, but I want to get a little team started, and take a little bit of assistance from anyone really from the community who feel's the urge to terrain.:grin:

If you're interested I have them all bundled up for you, sorry for late reply, was moving into a new house, been busy lol! :xxd:

Attached Files:

9. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Yeah, hit me up so I can see what I can do.