• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

In-Game Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yum

Yum

Level 3
The map I've been working has reached a rather unfortunate problem :(

About 5 seconds after the game starts it freezes, and I've been tugging left and right to try and fix it. I disabled the few triggers that exist (where I believe I was last making changes) but the problem still occurs. I also haven't made any changes to custom imports in a while so I don't think that is it. I suspect it's a problem from the object data but I have no idea as to what...

If anyone has any ideas please post them, I've also attached the map for anyone curious enough to check.

Attachments

• BoomCraft! Winter Brawl.w3x
    976.1 KB · Views: 63
Level 17
Well, my registrys on Vista are a bit screwed, I got an error just selecting the map, never fear though, I'll edit this post and leave feedback.

OK, I deleted EVERYTHING except the starting locations, doodads and terrain...

Umm, one of your imported files is corrupt, test them all in different image viewers and model viewers...

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Its caused by some of the preplaced units. Probably you made too many which automatically fight stuff and it lags a lot due to the ammount of fighting. Also some of your spells could be causing it.

All I know for sure are the units cause this "freeze". I removed all non vital units and the lag (freeze) stopped.

Yum

Yum

Level 3
Hmm, strange. I removed about half the pre-placed units and made sure none of them were fighting on start-up. Now it doesn't freeze, but if I have the units attack each other it freezes again.

Also, I've been testing spells all day with these pre-placed units just about all day with no problem.

Does this mean it has something to do with the spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.