1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Improved White and Metal Heavy Armour

Submitted by Astaroth Zion
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The improved heavy armour includes a breastplate, a backplate for a very good protection. Also it includes a chain mail coif that protects the upper chest area.
Uses only ingame textures, it is meant to be used as an attachment.

(Attachment point= "chest")

!!INCLUDED METAL VERSION in Portrait!!

This model is part of the Knight's Armour attachment set.
Knight's attachment set

Change Log

30-May-2012
  • First submission
5-June-2012
  • Reduced some polies

Give credit if you used, and do not redistribute or edit without my consent.

Special thanks to Mr. Goblin for his awesome Villager Skin for the villager man that I am using in the screenshot.

Keywords:
Attachment,Steel,Iron,Pad,Breastplate,Chest,Armor,Armour,Marvel,Wood,Wooden,Gold,Metal
Contents

Improved White and Metal Heavy Armour (Model)

Improved White and Metal Heavy Armour (Model)

Reviews
Frankster [img]: Works in-game and performs well. Approved. Good job.
  1. Moderation: 9:18, Tuesday 5th June 2012
    Frankster [​IMG]:
    Works in-game and performs well.
    Approved. Good job.

2. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    On those ME screenshots your white stuff look unshaded, but ingame they look better. Still i can't say, that i like them: they are good, but lack some wrap edits/ better texture..

3. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice. The chainmail\leather bits have quite a bad wrap, I suggest you change it. Additionally, I think the normals have to be recalculated; They look weird on the screenshots. Finally, I'd like to see an image of one of Mr.Goblin's villagers dressed up in a complete set of that armor, just to see how it looks. ^^

4. BiboyCandia

BiboyCandia

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'ts a cool Attachment. Very cool. Awesome. I vote approval

5. Astaroth Zion

Astaroth Zion

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I'm glad you liked, when my heavy armour models get approved I will upload a pack with all my attachments.

Well the original idea was to create a white knight, but I will try to get a better texture to achieve the knight idea with a better aspect.
    MMm for the coif textures (the chain mail) I don't see how affects ingame, if you could help me finding a replacement that looks as a actual chan-mail I will be thankful.

Normals are the side wich the faces are facing right??, I don´t see how to recalculate either in Milkshape nor in Magos :(...
    But in Milkshape you can see that every single face is pointing outside the model, cause inside there are only the black faces.

Images of Mr Goblin Textured Villager with my attachments
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Yes, it totaly looks like a white leather armor... Well try to use materials with two laers. Take a best quality armor texture with a teamcolor and use white.blp as a second texture. So you will get an armor texture, with white teamcolor. Hope you allready know about filtration types 'n shit. I guess it should help.

7. Astaroth Zion

Astaroth Zion

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Thaks I will do my best to get the best look possible.

heheh I am still learning the basics of modeling so maybe I will take a time to do a second material layer.
    Currently researching how to do team color, and also how to animate things from scratch. :wink:

8. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    5/5... you really should add a crusader cross to the white one... or is it just me? I don't know it looks so much for a knight to me.

9. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well if you have any questions, just ask. Maybe il give you an example or smtnhg..

10. Fire Eagle

Fire Eagle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good attachment. The villager looks very cool if he wears that.

11. WarchiefBlackhand

WarchiefBlackhand

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it just me that's expecting a Model Pack titled "KINGSGUARD GAME OF THRONES" From this guy? Since he's making so many white armors, it's not surprising. But they are excellent attachments.