• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Improper Attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

When I attach guns to the right hands of my unarmed marines, this is what is the result:

Rather than the marines hand going nicely in front of the gun, it goes into it:

5-HandGoesIntotheGun.jpg

Rather than the marine holding the gun to his body, he seems to be content with holding it up with a single hand:

6-Separated-notheldproperly.jpg

While proned, the marine is also incapable of holding the straight forward to fire at targets:

7-cannotfireproperlywhilepronedheld.jpg

What is odd about this? I had a map project a while back, which I unfortunately lost, and in fact, this latest project of mine is attempting to remake that old one from scratch. Now, the thing is, if I recall correctly, I did the very exact same thing in my old map, and I had better results with my marines holding their guns.

I have made some screenshots from a very old version of my lost project to show the results I had before. The map is an optimized version, so I cannot actually access the map in the map editor to see exactly what I am doing wrong right now.

As you can see, the marines all holding their guns correctly by:

a) putting their right hands over their guns, rather into their guns:

1-HandinFront.jpg

b) putting their guns to their chests, allowing it to be held properly:

2-GunConnectstoBody.jpg

c) even while proned, they aim their guns forward to fire at enemies:

4-InFrontEvenShooting.jpg

What am I doing wrong that is causing me to get different results from my old project?

This is the GUI I use to attach the gun to my marines:

Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the right hand of (Trained unit) using war3mapImported\Konstrukt_MinigunAttachment.MDX

Thanks for reading this, even if you can't help,
Istvan

Status
Not open for further replies.