• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i know that but i mean like say i have a model of a normal peasent and im editing it and i want him to have a shield sword and helmet and i want to make all that 1 model file instead of doing all the stuff in map maker to make him have that. how do i get a peasent model file and a sword model file into the same thing so i can put them together?

Calling us idiots isnt solving anything :p really,
(helping you cause i know whats its like to be frustrated)
if someone doesnt get ur question you should prolly reword it, so they can better understand..

open the model you want in war3model, next go to save as. save it on your desktop... then go get vertext modifyer... and open it in there, select all but the dots of the weapon/or what u wana remove. Next save and exit vertex, and reopen the mdl in war3. then click windows/geosetmanager, and then hold ctrl and click on your model (the parts you want). it should highlight a geoset export that geoset...
next open your origional model... and import the geoset, attach it to a bone (prolly hand) (look at windows/node manager to find the right bone)
then find the geoset you imported and attach it to a material, you may have to creat one if you want it to have the same skin as the weapon you imported
in which case go to war3modeleditors mpq browser (after saveing ofcourse)
and find the skin that came with the model u took the weapons from (likely in textures/)

then reopen your model right click the skin and then import
after importing go to material manager, creat new, creat new, choose a skin
then ok ok... then geoset manager, and change material to the one you just made (may have to get the numbers) then save/exit and your done:p

Status
Not open for further replies.