• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Import Spells Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I can't seem to import this spell http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/heroic-leap-aoe-v0-01-a-177890/ when i try to import all the custom units and spells,i have noticed that when i import the hero it doesnt use the Heroic Leap spell but a custom spell of mine,and when i coppy the trigger it uses the exact same spells and gets bugged instnatly?

It's this a problem on the side of the one that created the spell that he didnt made it generally? Or it is on my side?

Thx in advance.

Level 30
Ah, when copying triggers from other map. It replaces those things that are not available in your map to random things in your map.

For example, you uploaded a spell then Copy pasted the trigger into your map, if the spell in Object Editor is not in your map, it will automatically change the triggers that are related on the spell like the condition:

• (Ability being cast) Equal to Power Rage
If for example I dont have the Power Rage ability on my map when I pasted this from the map, it will choose a random spell available in your map such as this:

• (Ability being cast) Equal to Item Attack Bonus (+30)
This is easy to to solve out. Just make sure every abilities, units, buffs and stuffs that are in the trigger should also be copy pasted into your map to avoid having unecessary changes in triggers.

Or just change the triggers that seems to be bugging to the required.

EDIT: Just check out if there is something wrong on your trigger or somehow different from the original triggers to yours. There might also be some triggers of yours that is conflicting with the trigger. Do check it out.

Level 3
^I figured this out by myself and i tried this before i posted this:
-coppy every abbility first -first step
-coppy every custom units -second step (here it already bugs out,the hero uses the ability called healing chains insted of heroic leap)- i modify it back to heroic leap
-i coppy paste the spell trigger(and only one) the specific "abbylity being cast eual to" is modified to Healing chains once again altough everything was coppy pasted before and the trigger completly bugs out more than 85% being in red cog wheels

Edit : Healing chains is a custom spell made from Chain heals with minor differences, and the only modification i made to the basic triggers is at the map initialization i deleted vicotry conditions and give troops at the start of the game

Last edit : I have ticked File>Preferences>Automatically create unkown variables while pasting triggering data, now I get only 1 red cog at trigger : Action > Turn on heroic leap Slide. whic is suppose to start acting heroic leap but i dont know how to modifi it to work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.