• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Images {how to display a picture in-game (when a unit enters an area)?}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
OK...earlier today i set out to make a fun little map that required players beeing shown images ingame.
Now I've seen this before on several maps but I just can't find any posts explaining how to do this.
I've searched the forum,google,and still can't find an answer.
So could anyone help me please and tell me how to show pictures ingame? or maybe give me a link to a tutorial that explains it before I go Mad.
I want something like this:
Unit enters region;
Unit is wisp;
Picture "asdfasdf" is shown for all players at center screen;

Level 16
Ok i got a answer of your Question i will post it in one moment because i need some time^^ (I hope you like my way^^)

== Edit: 10 Mins later ==

So first of all we need a good picture - we name it "ABC"

- Now we must change the picture to a .tga file!!! (You can do this with irfanview or some program like this) - and now we got the picture "ABC.tga"
( I use the picture size: 512/512 (dont know, if it works with other sizes!))

Go to the "Import Manager" (in your editor) and import the created image. Double klick on the imported image > mark "use costum path" > and delet "war3mapImported\" (delet the \ too!!)

For sure > save your map > close editor > open it again > now you need the following trigger ( there will be more trigger than this one but i get only this:)

• Image show
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters [YOUR REGION] <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 5 seconds using Normal blending on texture [The image], starting with color (100%, 100%, 100%) and 100% transparency and ending with color (0%, 0%, 0%) and 0% transparency
      • Wait 5 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
(For the 1 action (in the trigger) use: Cinematic - Advanced Filter)
(For the 2 action (in the tirgger) use: Wait)
(For the 3 action (in the tirgger) use: Cinematic - Fade Filter)

I hope you like it ;) try it on (If there are no tutorials - this is one now =PP )

MfG
Dr. Boom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.