• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

IMA NOOB AT SPELLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
First,

Umm my first question is how the hell do i make spells i mean do i need a program to download to make them or do i need to buy somthing or is it in world editor?

Second,

If u teach me how to make spells umm how would i make a spell to where five infernals come down continustly and right when they hit the ground they explode and deal 5000 damage on whatever unit/building it landed on.

P.S.
I would really apreciate ur help if u can help me!!! :D

Level 9
1) You make spells in the World Editor. Spells are the most complicated aspect of map-making (aside from actual maps) because they involve combining all your knowledge of the World Editor. You need to know triggers, how to use the object editor, special effects, and later on, how to use JASS. Look around in the Spells Section and see what others have done. The best way to learn, however, is through trial-and-error.

2) This could be done easily by editing the "Starfall" ability. Look around and try to figure things out for yourself, but if you have any questions, post here.

~The_Raven

Level 3
it looks like ur a good spell maker can u give me step by step inromation from ur own words and step by step info for making that spell i wanted to make?

plz :| plz :| plz

Level 7
It is hard to explain how to do spells step by step through the internet, it is MUCH easier to find out a way on your own.. But I think I can help you with the infernal thing.

All you have to do is open the object editor, click on the abilities tab, go to file, create custom ability. Select Starfall (name it whatever you want) Now, you will see on the screen a whole bunch of information about the spell. Look around for things such as damage (change it to 5000) targets (change to only buildings and enemy) and change the art from the starfall to an infernal. You can also change the duration to the proper time it would take for five infernals to land on the building. After you are done, just fix up the information on the bottom (should say explanation of starfall and what it does) delete that, and put your own text on what the spell is supposed to do.

After you do this you should be done, if I missed anything, let me know... I think I skipped a step or two..

Level 3
can u plz tell me where exactly where i type the path?

and can u tell me how to make it so when u click on spell ur mouse turns to a big circle on the ground with a dot in the middle example on force of nature but make it so u can just target the enemy, buildings, and the ground hope u can help

Level 9
1) Part of being a good map-maker is being able to figure thing out for yourself. So, I'm not going to tell you where you put the path, but I will give you a hint: Buffs/Effects > Starfall (Target).

2) Those are AoE spells. You have to base your spell off of one that is already AoE (i.e. Blizzard or Flamestrike).

3) Stats - Targets Allowed

P.S. In honor of your questions, I have updated the FAQ.

~The_Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.