• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm taking limited requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Since I'm incredibly bored right now, I need a little inspiration. So I'm willing to take a few requests right now, but I have certain conditions:
-Just because I am given a request doesn't necessarily mean that I will actually do it.
-I haven't done any serious modeling for about a year now, so don't make it really super complicated. My main skills are skinning, modifying original geosets, and switching animations between units, but that's about as far as it goes.
-If possible, provide a picture indicating your request. And if not a picture, then just try to describe it in detail so I can make it to your satisfaction.

That's pretty much it, so just keep the requests moderately simple (but not way too easy and lame), but make them original, cool ideas. I'm up for a bit of a challenge.

Level 6
i know you said you haven't done serious modeling in a long time, but maybe you could make the two models i requested recently. It's right here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54154

I suppose it might be complicated, considering her hair, but i hope the multiple angles and stuff help a bit. This probably can't really be considered original, seeing as it isn't even my idea, but i haven't seen any out there, so it is original in that sense.

I fully understand if you don't want to do it. After all, you haven't done serious modeling recently, I only have 1 rep, and i don't have much to show to prove that i am using it for a project.

Level 14
Hmmm.... well, that is certainly not what I expected to be working on, lol, but it's a possibility. This isn't the kind of thing I'd normally make, and I'd have to work pretty hard with the hair, but I think I might be able to pull this one off.
Oh, I forgot mention that my model resources are limited to original wc3 models. I can heavily modify them, but I can't make models from scratch. Just so y'all know.

Level 6
Hmmm.... well, that is certainly not what I expected to be working on, lol, but it's a possibility. This isn't the kind of thing I'd normally make, and I'd have to work pretty hard with the hair, but I think I might be able to pull this one off.
Oh, I forgot mention that my model resources are limited to original wc3 models. I can heavily modify them, but I can't make models from scratch. Just so y'all know.

can't make models from scratch? no problem. =] I'm not in a hurry to have my requests done, so if you don't want to do it, I have no problem waiting for other people. :D

Level 14
-Ochibi- I could probably modify it out of some original wc3 models. Changing the vertices and reskinning the face wouldn't be too much of a problem, I don't think. The main challenge is just the hair. Plus, obviously the model and animations would have to be based completely off of an original wc3 unit. If you want it to be totally original and not based off of a wc3 unit, then you should probably have someone else do it. But otherwise, I think I might be able to pull it off. I can make the axe and hammer no problem, at least, lol.

-Varsaigen- I said in the third post that I can't make models from scratch. As much as I'd like to, I'm just not that advanced of a 3d modeller, and the programs to make decent models from scratch are just way to expensive. lol
As for Azshara... wow, I'm not really sure. It would be an interesting thing to work with, but the problem is mainly with the tentacles. I have absolutely no skill with animating, so it would look really weird with these stiff appendages sticking out. And if I tried to make it with only a tail like most naga, it might end up looking too much like the original Lady Vashj model. If you really want, I could try my hand at it, but this might be something for a more advanced modeller who knows how to make stuff from scratch... er something like that.

Just for the heck of it, lemme post some pictures of models I've done in the past, just so you guys have an idea of what I can do. The first three were for a project I gave up a really long time ago. The fourth one was an attempt at Drizzt Do'Urden, a character from the Forgotten Realms books written by R.A. Salvatore.
So here's a basic idea of what kinda' stuff I usually do... if that helps any...
Here's a link to an updated version of Kelendras: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=92016

Attachments

• KelenScreen.jpg
    KelenScreen.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 278
  • KazScreen.jpg
    KazScreen.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 333
  • FalScreen.jpg
    FalScreen.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 258
  • Drizztscreen1.png
    Drizztscreen1.png
    206.5 KB · Views: 255
Level 14
Possibly... does it necessarily need to be animated? Actually, I could probably make one out of the catapult or something, if you give me enough time. :D

Btw, Ochibi, I noticed on your thread that it said you would rather your model was done really well, not a rushed, poor quality kinda thing. In that case, I would suggest getting someone a little more advanced than me, lol. I would like to do it, but my models aren't exactly the best quality, especially since I can't make anything from scratch.

Level 6
-Ochibi- I could probably modify it out of some original wc3 models. Changing the vertices and reskinning the face wouldn't be too much of a problem, I don't think. The main challenge is just the hair. Plus, obviously the model and animations would have to be based completely off of an original wc3 unit. If you want it to be totally original and not based off of a wc3 unit, then you should probably have someone else do it. But otherwise, I think I might be able to pull it off. I can make the axe and hammer no problem, at least, lol.

if you want, you could give it a go. I guess maybe base it off of the Night Elf Campaign unit "Sentry"? unless you have an idea? Just remember to make Presea a bit small. She does, after all, have the appearance and size of a 12 year old. Thanks in advance, whether or not you make it.

Level 6
I'd like a skin for either a bandit spear thrower or troll headhunters. I want it to be a roman styled javelin thrower with the type of armor they wore. Heres some pictures of what I'm looking for:

50214013.JPG

rm02_f.jpg

legionary_bonn.jpg

The shield is not required, but it would be nice if you could make it an attachment.

Level 6
Btw, Ochibi, I noticed on your thread that it said you would rather your model was done really well, not a rushed, poor quality kinda thing. In that case, I would suggest getting someone a little more advanced than me, lol. I would like to do it, but my models aren't exactly the best quality, especially since I can't make anything from scratch.

ok. i understand. no prob at all :)

Level 12
If you are taking requests,i could really use some wooden puppet models...

The puppets im having in mind looks something like this,disregard the half-retarded poses,it was the only pic i could find.

This,with zombie animations would be really appreciated.As you can see,the model is pretty simple to make,with not much polygons and no facial animations required.

If you can do this when your done with all the other requests,well,that would be really cool.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Puppet.jpg
    Puppet.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 250
Level 13
Possibly... does it necessarily need to be animated? Actually, I could probably make one out of the catapult or something, if you give me enough time. :D

that would be cool so you can make it??
opps again i didnt read all the posts also i did seached pick-up not kamion
*edit i downloaded the model and its not really like a pick up truck its got 6 wheels its like a truck truck

Status
Not open for further replies.