• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illidan vs Maiev

Map Info: Somewhere in Ashenvale, Maiev is chasing Illidan...

I think that is enough for the Info, watch my cinematic and you will know what happen then.

Change Log:

- Upload map

Credits:
- ZombifyTarget created by JetFangInferno

Last words:
I'm a new here, and this is also my first cinematic. I like WE very much. So, watch my cinematic and please, tell me watch you think about terrain, camera, trigger, idea,... to improve my skill. Thank you all!

Keywords:
LeoNguyen112, Illidan, Maiev, War, Battle, Ashenvale, Forest.
Contents

Illidan vs Maiev (Map)

Reviews
Date: 2011/Oct/01 15:55:05 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 2/5 Lacking Rep Received: 1Reasons: Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import...

M

hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/01 15:55:05
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rating: 2/5 Lacking
Rep Received: 1
Reasons:
Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Other:
Check out the models section for custom models made by the community: Models Section
Check out the skins section for custom skins made by the community: Skins Section
Check out this section if you have requests for models, skins, ... : Requests Section
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact

Comment: Review:

Story:

Story-wise, it's nothing original, it's the usual hunt after Illidan which Maiev is leading and in your cinematic she finally finds him and fights him.
The ending dialogue does make things interesting, about everything being about him and him having more power than anyone imagined.
The dialogue isn't well written either, there are words like 'shit' and 'ummmmm', these words shouldn't be said by the warden, but maybe something like 'By the gods!'.

Camera:

There are a lot of camera changes and you can see everything well, however it would be better if you moved around the camera the whole time or just added a very, very small 'shake camera' effect.

Fights:

The fights were really 'lame', no animation-based fights, just 2 guys attacking each other using the default attack system. You did try to bring in some effects, however the same effects get used over and over again and Maiev keeps using the same ability, Blink or the nature circle thingy.
Illidan on the other hand doesn't have any abilities apparently.

Terrain:

Terrain-wise the environment is well filled up, weather effects, a lot of doodad variation, however some custom tree models or other custom doodad models would have made things more fresh.
The terrain isn't too flat either.

Overall:

An OK cinematic for a starter, however there's not a lot of action, the story isn't original and it's too short.

Rating: 2/5

You're supposed to update the rejected map not re-upload it, but oh well.

edit:

Review:

Story:

Story-wise, it's nothing original, it's the usual hunt after Illidan which Maiev is leading and in your cinematic she finally finds him and fights him.
The ending dialogue does make things interesting, about everything being about him and him having more power than anyone imagined.
The dialogue isn't well written either, there are words like 'shit' and 'ummmmm', these words shouldn't be said by the warden, but maybe something like 'By the gods!'.

Camera:

There are a lot of camera changes and you can see everything well, however it would be better if you moved around the camera the whole time or just added a very, very small 'shake camera' effect.

Fights:

The fights were really 'lame', no animation-based fights, just 2 guys attacking each other using the default attack system. You did try to bring in some effects, however the same effects get used over and over again and Maiev keeps using the same ability, Blink or the nature circle thingy.
Illidan on the other hand doesn't have any abilities apparently.

Terrain:

Terrain-wise the environment is well filled up, weather effects, a lot of doodad variation, however some custom tree models or other custom doodad models would have made things more fresh.
The terrain isn't too flat either.

Overall:

An OK cinematic for a starter, however there's not a lot of action, the story isn't original and it's too short.

Rating: 2/5

Last edited:
Level 3
OK the cinematic was Gd at Terran like Vengance said but it also lacks sounds if u could get some Gd voice actors i remember seeing it in this link and put won't be bad an also what he said about fight animation is right because once i saw an Awesome cinematic that had like Illidin jumping and attacking in air when i saw the creator of is used same attack animations but he added extra things like running from hits because he was like against a huge monster and all that maybe u should add more things like

Level 6
You remind me the old map Illidan vs Maiev but i must say that it's at least 100 times greater than yours. Sorry.

I saw it in youtube several years ago but i couldn't find it anymore maybe they deleted.

That map was very good. The storyline is after Arthas force defeat illidan force. Illidan abandons his base and tries to reach the frozen throne before Arthas does. Then Maiev show up and have an armageddon with him.

She drove him to an ice bridge, Illidan knows that he must put all of his power in order to defeat the warden. He transforms into a power demon by using the skull of Gul'dan but surprisingly Maiev also transform into an Avatar of Vengeance by using Gul'dan 's magical artifact, the shadow orb.

They slowly come to the center of the bridge and launch a powerful attack into their opponent. A terrible explosion occurs, pull them backward to two sides of the bridge and cut the bridge a half. When Illidan try to climb up Maiev blink to his side and make a final strike. However, Illidan uses every last of his power toss him into the air and fly to the other side. Out of mana, Maiev can only watch her prey run away from her once again.

After that is the solo duel between Illidan and Arthas as you all know.

If anyone has it, could you please send me a link to download, video or map, it's up to you.

Last edited: