• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Idea] Deathwing's Lair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I am making a side project while I get more people on my RPG, and I need ideas for bosses. It is a dungeon of the raid with Deathwing. There are three bosses (The Twillight aspect fight needs to have more added)
Twillight Aspect
After this boss reaches 47500 hp, he will fly up and do nothing (and will be invulnerable) while two units go into the fight and attack the players. He will stay up there for 30 seconds then come back down, and the process will repeat every minute until he is dead.
Infinite Aspect
(No fight has been made yet)
Deathwing
Deathwing will not be able to be attacked directly, there will be 10 crystals around the room he is in, and each will has an editted pheonix fire ability (they will attack very close units) and every time one of the crystals die, an amount of damage will be done to deathwing. After all 10 crystals are destroyed, he will be at half health, and he will lower to the ground. After that, he will simply attack the players while every 20 seconds four impales will come out from the corners and hit the center.

After the boss fights have been made I will move onto class abilitys. I just need ideas for the fights, and I plan to do this alone, unless someone is very very bored and wants to help with what ever.

P.S. I also need ideas for items and how to make triggers for rolls. I intent the game to be able to save, so the items you get you can use the next time you play.

Level 5
Well, the Twilight Dragons have the ability to "feed vampirically on all forms of energy," which would amount to a mana drain or something similar. Maybe the Twilight Aspect can do an AOE mana destroying attack, have a feedback ability or something similar. Another idea would be having a mana source (such as a crystal or powerful artifact) that the aspect drains mana from. The Aspect him/herself would be unable to regenerate mana or regenerate it slowly, so if the crystal was destroyed that would cripple the Aspect's spellcasting ability. As the Twilight dragons are related to the Nether dragons, they might be able to Phase Shift like them as well.
The Nether dragons themselves might be your second dragonflight. They largely see themselves as abandoned by Deathwing, thier father, in the Outlands. If Deathwing was to reappear to the Nether dragons, they might join him, and fill in as the second dragonflight.
I don't think the Infinite Dragonflight is working for Deathwing. They do look like members of the Black Dragonflight (Dark Grey) and would fit in visually with the others, but we don't really know what abilities they have, making it hard to come up with concepts for mobs or bosses. If Deathwing had time-travelling agents with him, would he choose to stop the rescue of some puny orc, or meddle in the affairs of some silly human? It is actually speculated that Infinite dragons are Bronze ones from the future (http://www.wowwiki.com/Infinite_dragonflight)
The Chromatic dragonflight is another possibility. If you don't know what the Chromatic flight is, they are basically all the Dragonflights tossed into a blender. They have all the abilities of the five dragonflights and are purpleish in color. They were created by the black dragon Nefarion (Deathwing's son), and are mind-controlled by Nefarion into servitude. This opens the possibility of having Nefarion as a boss and, after killing him, giving you the control of all surviving chromatic dragons. Chromatic dragons themselves would have a host of abilities; slowing down time (making them appear to move faster) from the Bronze dragonflight; a hibernate ability that would put them to sleep and allow for increased HP regeneration from the Greens; destructive AOE fire spells from the Blacks, increased spellcasting power from the Blues; and to top it all off they would all have Chaos attack types to reperesent the fact that they have all four breath weapons (fire, acid, frost and energy.) (http://www.wowwiki.com/Chromatic_dragonflight)
One last thing. This makes no diffrence to the game itself, but I put a lot of value into following along with character's personalities. Deathwing would more than likely install himself as the Aspect of the Twilight, Chromatic and Nether dragons. He would do so to gain further control over those flights, even if there was a dragon of said flight who served as an aspect in every other way. It doesn't really matter, though.
Anyways, good luck, and if you remember, could you send me a link to your map when it is done? It sounds like it would be a great map. If you need a terrainer or spell-maker, I would be happy to join on.
By the way, I got all that out of ten minutes at these links on WowWiki:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Nether_dragons
http://www.wowwiki.com/Twilight_dragonflight
http://www.wowwiki.com/Black_dragonflight

Last edited:
Level 11
I'm sorry but I'm not looking for more bosses. There was a reason I included the Infinite Dragonflight, though. The lore on if Nozdomordu has betrayed his dragon flight to become infinite is debated, but I'm going with he betrayed his dragon flight. If that were true, then It would be either Deathwing or the Old Gods who corrupted him. Since this part of the lore is not made yet, I can steadibly craft it myself. And if this turns out well, I may make another dungeon (With same classes and stuff) as something like Mount Hyjal (Ragnoros moves there) and some instance including all of the Old Gods.

Level 11
Ok, here are the classes. (You will choose your spec, it will be in a spellbook that you choose in the begining of the game)(Spells without discription are simple copy spells)

Alliance
Worgen Druid (I might get a model for this if I get one that I like, but for now he's a satyr)
Restoration: Regrowth Healing Touch Tranquility Tree Form(Transforms into a tree, increasing intelegence by a great amount but reducing movement speed)
Feral: Bite (deals X damage and X over 10 seconds) Dire Bite(taunts single target) Roar(Taunt) Beast Instincts(stealth and avatar)
Balance: Starfire(Ranged version of bite) Moonkin Aura(increases ranged damage for all nerby units) Wrath(Gives target ally 5 bonus damage and 10 bonus armor for 30 seconds. !Has 30 Second Cooldown!) (Need Ultime Idea!)

Human Warrior(Arthas model, might be skinned)
(will have rage system)
Protection: Shield Bash(Deals X damage and gives the Warrior 10 armor for 5 sec), Charge(protection)(Instantly moves to the target, and gives 10 armor for 5 sec), Chalanging Strike(Taunt Target), Taunt(Taunts all nerby units and becomes Invulnerable for 10 seconds)
Fury: Charge(Fury)(instantly moves to the target and deals X damage and gives 10 rage), Heroic Strike(deals X damage at cost of 20 rage), Cleave(Deals X damage to all nerby units at cost of 20 rage), Whirlwind(generates 5 mana per second and deals damage to all nerby enemy units)
Arms: Charge(Arms)(Instanly moves to the target and increases attack damage by 10 for 10 seconds and gives 10 rage), Blood Rage(Gives 15 rage at cost of 150 health), Gauge(deals X damage per second for 10 seconds at cost of 20 rage), Titan's Grip(Deals 300 damage to an enemy and increases the warrior's Speed and Damage greatly for 15 seconds at cost of 30 rage)

Dwarf Shaman(undecided model)
Restoration: Lesser Healing Wave, Earth Shield(Gives target 6 armor and increased life regeneration. Lasts 15 seconds), Mana Stream Totem(Creates a unit which restores nerby unit's mana), Water Shield(Makes target invulnerable and regenerates health rapidly.)

Elemental: Lightning Bolt, Flame Tongue Totem(creates a unit which gives nearby units a 5 damage bonus), Storm Strike(stuns target unit for 4 seconds and in that time lighting bolts will come from him and strike nearby units), Feral Spirit(Creates two feral spirits that will aid the shaman. Each time one of them attacks, it has a good chance to deal a critical strike.

Enhancement: Duel Wield(Lesser version of Titan's Grip), Flame Totem(Creates a unit which attacks nearby units.), Fire Shock, Cyclone(Gives the shaman increased damage and cleaving attack)

Night Elf Mage(I might use http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/nightelf-druidess-47951/?prev=c=2&r=20&d=list&page=5 )

Arcane: Arcane Barrage(When activated, will automaticly attack all nearby units for 5 seconds), Focus Mind(Increases attack speed for 10 seconds), Arcane Blast(Deals massive damage and sets the caster's mana to 75%(This can be good or bad)), Mirror Image(Gives the mage stealth and creates four images to take his place)

Frost: Frost Bolt, Water Elemental(Creates a Water Elemental that will last 30 seconds. When created, he will taunt all nearby units.), Frost Lance(High mana cost, high damage), Perma-Frost(Renders the mage invulnerable and immobile, and will automaticly send frost shards to enemy units)
Fire: Fire Bolt, Fire Blast, Dragon's Breath, Pyroblast(Deals massive damage to the target, stunning it for 3 seconds. During that 3 seconds, it will shoot fireballs to nearby enemey units.)

I need more class-spell ideas. (Class abilitys will be the same faction-wise)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.