• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Icon theme - skill set]: The Raider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, there! I have come up with the idea of a hero for DotA that would be using wolf rider model:
wolfrider.gif

raider.gif

I have all the abilities ready and all I need is an icon theme or icons for his abilities if you want to put it that way. I have found some pictures already and all they need is a bit makeover and warcraft frame used in DotA for specific type of skill.

The theme should be in orange, yellow tones, less in green and other.

First skill is called Raider's strike. It is toggeable skill that drains mana per second but people might ask of it to be an orb effect. I have several ideas about this one:
icons_1688_btn.jpg
This is a done icon. It is here for the general idea. The only job here is to provide me with extra icon same as this one but with that yellow bolding that symbolizes an orb- effect.
I was also thinking if the skill could look like a rider is swinging his sword from the back of his mount. I'm not sure how to explain how egactly should it look like.

Second skill is called Alfa wolf's howl. It's an AoE active skill. It should look like a wolf is howling. I found some pictures on wowwiki but none suffice. They're here just if they can help.
Ability_Hunter_Pet_Wolf.png
Ability_Mount_BlackDireWolf.png
Ability_Mount_WhiteDireWolf.png
Ability_Creature_Disease_04.png

Third skill is "Aura of haste". You get the idea. The frame should be made apropriately for a passive skill. These icons are also from wowwiki:
Ability_Mount_Charger.png

The hoof should be closer to orange than to yellow. If only "fire" around the hoof could be removed with a glow or something more apropriate for animation which will be same like Endurance aura from warcraft ladder.

Forth skill (the ultimate) is Cruel net. It would be pretty much the same as:
BTNEnsnareDag.jpg
except that it needs a frame of an active skill and not the passive.

If You have any questions or need any other materials please contact me and I will be glad to provide whatever you need. I'm looking forward to mutual feedback.

Level 1
Those at DotA forum suggested that I come here if I want that someone makes me an icon set. They usually refer to this place.

This is warcraft modding site. And this is a request! If not, where should I put it then? To another subforum? Or is there a better site than this to ask for such help?

Status
Not open for further replies.