• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

I want to make a spell with combo-timing using mana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
For the "M" part, there is no such thing that detects 'hold' of UI key, except for the Arrows. You can try Game - Force UI Key though, but that would not be really flexible.

OK without the holding M key, just when it depletes

{EDIT}
You use a periodic trigger which runs every 0.5 sec and checks if the units mana is less than 1.

That would be the way I suppose

does that uses a variable? if that uses a variable then it could variable crash
:zip:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
Since I see you a bit over-clueless of triggering, I made you a sample test map to know how's done.
View attachment 78135

err.. Pharaoh ( i think i know you ) on this part

• Spell 2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Temp_Group is empty) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Mana of (Picked unit)) Not equal to 0.00 ( This part, how does this check if the mana is zero when it depletes?)
                • Then - Actions
                  • -------- Do actions here --------
                • Else - Actions
                  • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from Temp_Group
                  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
EDIT:
I want the triggers to play attack and atk slam and attack 2 and spell what ever is the offence animation until it reaches the end , Pharaoh, can u do 1 more sample map?

Yes, use "Channel" ability and don't forget to set Art - Follow through time a value equal to the duration of your spell; so, if you want 10 seconds of channeling, you also need 10 seconds of follow through time. It depends on the model's spell animation too though.

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=81742&highlight=channel

Concerning the channel ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.