• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] i wanna make a spell.....plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok so heres the skill: i wanna change the terrain in a circle area, make the casting unit put his hands on the earth and make the targeting unit get burrowed and recieve dmg overtime...plz help:cute:

Level 3
man....im newbie if u relly wanna know......ok with the hand signs.....no matter.... but i relly dont know how to make the unit activate burrow...i know how to add this ability to the targeting unit ...:thumbs_down:

This is pretty much a spell request. If you want these things done, look at the spells section and figure out triggers. Or you can learn the hard way and not use forums like most of mappers. I know I speak for myself and (probably) quite a few others when I say that you cant just wake up one mourning and make some spell of the top of your head, just like a week after starting to look at the trigger editor. These things take time, and cant be rushed. So if your a noob, then dont freak out. Make some friends who can do the things you need for a map, or gradually do them yourself. You dont usually learn somthing like this by reading stuff, you have to look at it and then make stuff through trial and error.

Level 28
:hohum: yeah.... isn't there any way.....??
Try it the same way i did:
Just search for triggers which could possibly do what you want.
After, place them in the right order, get the right timings and last, remove leaks.
Worked for me.
If you don't know how to do some little thingies, feel free to ask.
Learning by doing ;)
A Tip: search for a crater and a way to add a negative immolation or hp-regen-aura to units :>

Level 21
Learning by understanding/doing is the best way to get a very good mapper, would we help you, you would copy the trigger without understanding how it works, means the trigger will be nearly useless for you, then you need to ask for more etc etc, and you will never get better. Thats a snake which bites himself in the tail, go in the trigger editor and learn 2 use them by trial and error.

Level 6
Realy for this you don't need terrain deformation just a cool special effect. : ) To burrow unit you can simply pause it and create special effect at same position using burrow model. Again you can create a dummy unit that will cast ability that damages targeted unit. About hand on ground i agreed with BerZeKeR you need to find model with such animations since in editor you can just lock body parts. 'Bout triggers again agreed with emperor. Write them by yourself thats the only way you'll ever learn. If you need any tips or such I am ready to listen

Level 3
Ok but i got a idea....(i donno if it works)>>>> i will add the targeting unit a default active ability- burry (the one that crypt friend has) and change the terrain (thing that i donno how to do it...:hohum:) and deal dmg overtime to the targeting unit......
How about this ??:cute:

Level 6
Man pause and hide targeting unit for specific time, create special effect (action special effect- create a sfx at a position) and then position special effect at position of targeted unit. Also create dummy that will cast some spell that deals damage over time (soulburn,shadow strike). You can also use buff comparison to check when the unit will be paused and hidden. Maybe you can use Entangle (it deals damage over time and imoblizes target) so you can just focus on hiding unit?? Something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.