• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I really don't know what to do !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Here's a video desribing my problem , can someone just send me the trigger ...
and please look at the picture at the end , how the hell did he make that backpack unit follow him there where it is... I just need to know how tha hell is it following him right behind him on his back so I can make it something similiar , anyways thanks for your help in my last two topics ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z__ZI0_X59g&feature=youtu.be

You have to make continuously set the position of the backpack unit to the position of the hero every 0.03 seconds.
OR, you can simply order it to patrol the hero (once)
And every second, check if the backpack is doing it's job (current order == patrol and target of the order is the hero)

Just make sure the backpack has no attack ability or spells.
If it has an attack ability and you order it to patrol the hero, it will attack as well.

To remove the attack ability, do this:

• Set TempUnit = set your backpack here
  • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(udg_TempUnit, 'Aatk')
You could also give the backpack the Ward classification (I'm not sure if it's safe though)

Oh.
For that, you're going to need a backpack model.
You should learn about the basics of model attachment.
You can attach a sword or a helmet to a unit either by creating the models as special effects attached to the unit using attachment points like "hand, left" "chest" "head" "overhead" "foot, right" etc..

To create the backpack effect, you should create the effect of a backpack model attached to the "chest" of the hero.

By this, I mean Special effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.