• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys im kinda new at editing and i dled a few spells that would help my map they are Frost Nova and Blast-O-Ring. Anyway i dont know how to put them into my map also i am not using JASS.....if anyone can help me with this and making my map please tell me here add me to your msn mine is [email protected] thnx for any help i can get

Level 3
You should go to the trigger and object editors in the World Editor. In the triggers, look for the trigger of the spell you are copying. In several abilities downloadable from this site, they trigger has a little readme attached to it in the world editor that tells you what to copy. Copy the trigger folder, and paste that in the triggers section of your map. Go back to the other map, and copy whatever else the readme says, so you'll prolly have to open up the object editor and copy the custom units or abilities (again, most maps will tell you which files need to be copied, if not, just copy the trigger, and copy any custom units/abilities, indicated in purple in the object editor, and paste them into your map).

All should be said and done, unless you have to change a few things in the trigger to match the abilites/units you had to copy. Hope this helps, most downloadable spells should have a short readme in the trigger section of the World Editor when you open the map. If you have anymore problems, feel free to ask, there's always people here to help.

Level 2
i copied the triggers to my map in my trigger area but now the triggers seem greyed out and they arent in the spell box.

Level 3
You also gotta open the spell map, open the object editor by pressing F6. GO to the abilities tab, and under custom abilites you should see the new skill. Now just copy that and paste it into your map. If you want to give a hero this ability, go to the unit tab in the object editor and click on a hero. Now find the abilities row, and click add new ability. Add the ability you pasted into your map.

Now for triggers, you gotta find what parts of each trigger are greyed out. Go back to the downloaded map, and look at the trigger on that map. Look closely at the parts that are greyed out on your map, and either write them down or copy them. Go back to your map and change the greyed out action or function to the way it was in the downloaded map, it should no longer be greyed out, and the funtion should work properly.

Level 2
hhhhmmm i dont know why it would be like that casue i copied the file with everything correct and it was still greyed out do you mean maybe change the Map initalization and camera zoom out....is that maybe the problem?

Level 3
He's not talking about that Stealth. When you copy a trigger that, for example, creates a specific custom unit to another map, when you paste the trigger, the function that contains the 'create custom unit' will be shaded out because it is missing a value that cannot be found in the map. Most of the time, to the left of the function will be a red gear, similar to the functions that use grey gears when turning on or enabling another trigger. The red gear symbolizing missing data that needs to be entered or adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.