• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i need help with maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I suck with maps.. very much but i just wanted to make my own arena map so bad but it lacks style i have a list of things i need help with if somebody could plz help me :D

1. how do you add color to messages like on the loading screens and stuff
2. how do you make your own custom models look like all the cool ones on this site?
3. what is a buff...
4. how do i get icons out of a game such as diablo 2 or some game like that

if somebody could plz help me i would really appreciate it!!!

1. |c00000000 or |c16485386. anything that a combination of 8 digits in it with a shift-backslash and a 'c' at the beginning. f, a, and e also work for colors in those codes.
2. get experience in modeling.
3. a buff is something that changes the status of your unit in wc3. i.e frost armor, dazed, etc.
4. get an application that can take pictures of your screen, or do it yourself, then crop it to get your icon. first i'd suggest getting the game you want to take icons oout of.

im not sure about the legality of that last one.

Level 2
map stuff

hey thanks but i'm don't know where to get a file that can crop pictures and i didn't understand the color explanation.. at all lol

Status
Not open for further replies.