• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I NEED HELP MAKING MY OWN SKIN I GOT PHOTO IMPACT 10

Whos Having Hard Time making own skin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

Maybe i can dumb this down for you since i just started skinning two days ago. First off you need to download wc3image extracter 2 (this is what i use)
download wc3viewer as well.
also download the GIMP depending on what kind of comp you use. (this is what i use for begging)

Ok once you have done all of that open up wc3image extractor 2. Once you have done that the screen will have the logo appear and then it will go into a screen with all of these menus. Open up the skin of your choice that you want to use in image extractor by pressing save (what i mean is save the skin to a file were you can know were it is)
---------------------------------------------------
Step 2
Now once you have done that open up the gimp. When you are in the gimp it will have all these editing tools and the such that you can use for skinning. Now click on open and open the file that you have saved the skin too. The skin should appear on another little box (now edit it however you wish)
---------------------------------------------------
FINAL STEP
For the last steps after you are finished editing the skin you can save it again over the skin that you opened. Now here is were i had trouble at the begging simply because i had no earthly idea what a .blp or a .tga or any of that crap was well here is the thing YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE! All you have to do now is open up wc3viewer once you have done that you can go to the little bar on the top of the wc3viewer that says convert files (should be right next to animation. When you are in the bar go to the one that say BMP, TGA, JPG -> .blp Then find the file that you saved your guy too. Ok after all of that you need to find the path of the skin. This is easy. Ok remember the very first thing that you got out of wc3image extracter 2? well then just open a map and import the file that you have as a skin(the newly edited one.) after you have done that you will save the skin using the path it is. In example look under the wc3viewer and if your first edited unit you would put in all the files it is under, for instance Units\Creeps\Assassin\Assassain.blp that is all you have to do. Close your map then open it up again and marvel at your masterpiece.

Level 1
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you soo much for tellen how to ckin i know its hard heh but THANKS iv been wanting to skin 4 EVER!!! thanks!!!! :p :D :)

Level 1
I need help agin sry

well sry but how the hell do i make a custom skin i make the priestess of the moon tiger skin and i make the custom path but it wont show it plz help :?: :?:

P.S. i used the image extractor and gimp like you said

Level 5
Ok you don't make a custom path sorry if i said that you first extract the skin with the wc3image extractor 2. Well in order to find the path of the skin you need a wc3viewer. Found in the tools section this is to find the path of the skin. Click on the white .blp circle on the side bar that should pop out. Then the path will be found for instance you go under the folder for a bandit. You go under the fold that should say Textures That means Textures is the first part of the skin then it goes down to bandit and there is no plus besides bandit so in total it should be Textures\bandit.blp now for units it could be like Units\Creeps\BanditMage\BanditMage.blp or whatever make sure that it is spelled exact though.

Level 1
Ok let me get this right....

now do i get one of the unit files from the extractor(example priestess of the moon),i edit it in GIMP right?,then i convert it to a blp file, then i go to wc3 editor import it and then i make it units\heromoonpriestess\heromoonpriestess.mdl right?

Level 5
Units\NightElf\HeroMoonPriestess\PriestessOfTheMoon.blp that should be the exact path if i am correct when you save the unit path for the edited skin try just saving over the original one that you got out of the wc3image extractor for example don't save a bandit that is extracted as crazy mad man. It just makes things alot easier, well at least for me it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.