• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I have great idea for new item! But I need help with models!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea about the new item is very easy, and if you help me I will post it completely on this site as gratitude:

The item is a weapond named "Extandable Sword +8", it gives +8 damage and is giving aditional effect to melee holder: its using a dummy ability to switch among 4 states:

1) 100% cleave in 200 area
2) 75% cleave in 300 area
3) 50% cleave in 400 area
4) 25% cleave in 500 area

* The item is having passive ability that shows a sword on the user right hand

-------------------------------
The help needed: I need a sword with 4 models, each model has a built in of different size of the same sword: the last sword (500 area cleave) should be very very large even 5 times normal model, that shows a huge sword that don't suit the terrain but its still owns.

As you might as well notice by now, I do not know how to create models in warcraft and will +rep you if you done that for me: its really easy for those who do know, I give you a sword model and you change its ratio so that it go from really small to absolutly big, do that and I will post the sword so that anyone can download.

^ try help me please

You may be able to attatch your own fire to the sword via triggers

In the end, I just had to choose the other file out of the 2 files he posted (the potriet) awsome model and very big as a sword, but I need it in +1 and -1 scale, while the +1 scale = the flame model and the -1 scale the no fire model. This can turn into a very popular item imo

1. Download War 3 Model Editor
2. Open the model with that program.
3. Windows -> Model Editor.
4. Drag select the whole model so everything turns green.
5. Transformations -> Scaling
6. Adjust the X, Y and Z values and then click OK.

Setting the values to 2 doubles the size, setting to 0.5 halves the size.

once scaled, how to save?
(still amazed that i actually managed to follow those 6 steps)

1. Download War 3 Model Editor
2. Open the model with that program.
3. Windows -> Model Editor.
4. Drag select the whole model so everything turns green.
5. Transformations -> Scaling
6. Adjust the X, Y and Z values and then click OK.

Setting the values to 2 doubles the size, setting to 0.5 halves the size.

4. ????
-> 4. Select All from the manu, took me whole day to realize that.
Solved, +rep, I'm posting my map so that people can learn, no need to give any credit for the idea. Enjoy

Attachments

• Freedom Force V0.087.w3x
    522.9 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.