• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
i know i am violating the rules of the forum, becoming a target for flaming and i am guessing my account will be removed
but i would like to know how to remove the protection of a map and restore it
my reason for this is to put english text in a textless map thats it

and my warcraft 3 account is TwinFang if you would like to flame me online sometime for this
and yes i expect this topic to be locked within hours

ps: i'll be content with a pm or a link to a site as well

Level 6
It is difficult, but posible, at least with fewc protection methods. Problem is it requires understand mapfile (and I do not understand it).
If that map is yours, take it as punishment for protecting. If not, it is up to you if you want spent long time for geting into map.

Level 24
if it "doesn't have text in it" chances are it's from asia
so contacting the author would be REALLY damn hard but if you managed to do so high five!
also, the editor might not be able to open it because it doesn't like the text that IS there (but is unreadable to your comp)
ie: maybe english world edit shivers at the sight of korean or cantonese

Level 1
ok i see and thx for your help and no flames
and you are prolly right about the whole english editor being afraid

Level 24
lol ur not getting flamed because i would say at least half of the ppl here would have tried maps w/o strings and loved them except that there are no strings... :?
also, i've tried to do the exact same thing to King's RPG
which i have lost my badass loading code for ='( level two hundred sixty something levels and i can't find the stupid piece of paper it's on!

Status
Not open for further replies.