• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] I get an error! Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Nevermind. I solved the problem. Thanks for help to Pharaoh_ and Dynasti. +rep =)

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Level 18
As far as I know, I usually had this message whenever I either mass created stuff, or made infinite loops, or leaks gone over the hill. I'll look further into this and try to find the problem

Edit: First trigger looks clean, must be going mad in the 2nd.
Btw, you don't have any other triggers on the map do you?

+ You should have the trigger turned off from the start, rather being turned off after the 1st spell is cast.

Edit: Can't seem to find where the trigger actually kills the unit, since the loop won't do it's final blow if the unit's not dead. And why do you need to trigger a damage done to a dead target?

Edit: Still after these major flaws I don't see why this should make your computer crash. I'm sorry but I just can't find it. I'll look into it later after I've had my breakfast

Edit: Since it crashes when you cast it the 2nd time there must be a flaw in your MUI loop of some sort.

Level 11
Dynasti, Look some more into the spell if you want. +rep for helping me anyways =D

Pharaoh_, Thanks for fixing but the thing is that i want to learn more about indexing. Nothing about Hashtables anymore... Thanks anyway! =D

EDIT:

Dynasti, 1st EDIT, I dont have anymore triggers except that one i've posted here.
+, I have the Loop initially off.=)
2nd EDIT, The trigger does not "kills" the unit, but if the unit dies durning it's dragged closer to the caster, the unit can die, then i want the caster to finish the spell and be unpaused, cuz otherwise that hero may also take damage from enemies when the unit is dead...
3rd EDIT, Yeah, please do so. That would be nice =)
4th EDIT, It's not the 2nd time i cast the error occurses, it's when TWO of MINE heroes with the spell cast the spell at the same time at TWO diffrent enemy units. I can cast the spell without any crashes with one hero how many times i want to. But not once for two units.

Ok, then fix some stuff:

1) You use Loc[1] and Loc[2] for the first trigger. Don't use the same numbers for the second trigger. Use Loc[3] and so on.

2) Fix the first trigger:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
  • If - Conditions
    • Index Equal to 0
  • Then - Actions
    • Trigger - Turn on Spell Loop <gen>
  • Else - Actions
    • Set Index = (Index + 1)
3) Add the following in the Map Initialization, not the casting trigger:
  • Set Temp_Dmg[1] = 70.00
  • Set Temp_Dmg[2] = 120.00
  • Set Temp_Dmg[3] = 180.00

Level 11
Ok, then fix some stuff:

1) You use Loc[1] and Loc[2] for the first trigger. Don't use the same numbers for the second trigger. Use Loc[3] and so on.

2) Fix the first trigger:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
  • If - Conditions
    • Index Equal to 0
  • Then - Actions
    • Trigger - Turn on Spell Loop <gen>
  • Else - Actions
    • Set Index = (Index + 1)
3) Add the following in the Map Initialization, not the casting trigger:
  • Set Temp_Dmg[1] = 70.00
  • Set Temp_Dmg[2] = 120.00
  • Set Temp_Dmg[3] = 180.00

I've fixed that but it still doesn't work... Now the FATAL ERROR occurs when one unit casts the spell... Here's the map btw, try it: View attachment Spell.w3x

EDIT: I've changed the triggers to what I have right now. Check them. I don't get why I get that Error...

Status
Not open for further replies.