• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] I cannot describe it properly. It is a bit of long.

Level 17
Hello everyone. I am trying to create system like this. Let me tell you what happens in here.
Our hero have 2 different abilites in the same slot. And we can replace it with other one when we use F ability.

Everything works well except one thing. Here is the issue

You have started the game and you realized F ability with this description: When you use this skill, you can change your E skill between offensive and defensive
You have clicked on this ability and you have replaced Offensive with Defensive and you get new level.
You are opening your skills but something is missing. You cannot see your Drunken Brawler (Defensive) in skill slot.
You have to use your F ability again and replace your Defensive with Offensive.
But F skill have a specific cooldown.

You can suggest anything you want.

My solution is reverting replace ability with unit ability.
Currently F is unit ability
2 E abilities are Hero ability
I can make the F Ability is unit <> hero
And 2 Hero abilities are hero <> unit but still i prefer my request.

• PandarenESetup
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set EOffensive = True
      • Unit - Add Drunken Brawler (Defensive) to Pandaren Brewmaster Jinto Reedwine 0027 <gen>
      • Player - Disable Drunken Brawler (Defensive) for (Owner of Pandaren Brewmaster Jinto Reedwine 0027 <gen>)
  • PandarenELearn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Drunken Brawler (Offensive)
          • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Drunken Brawler (Defensive)
    • Actions
      • Set Pandaren_E_Integer = (Pandaren_E_Integer + 1)
      • Set EOffensive = True
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 1.00 seconds the text: (String(Pandaren_E_Integer))
  • PandarenF
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Pandaren Stance
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • EOffensive Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set EOffensive = False
          • Player - Disable Drunken Brawler (Offensive) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
          • Player - Enable Drunken Brawler (Defensive) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Set level of Drunken Brawler (Defensive) for (Triggering unit) to Pandaren_E_Integer
        • Else - Actions
          • Set EOffensive = True
          • Player - Disable Drunken Brawler (Defensive) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
          • Player - Enable Drunken Brawler (Offensive) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Set level of Drunken Brawler (Offensive) for (Triggering unit) to Pandaren_E_Integer
Update: Engineering Upgrade solved all of my problems.

Last edited:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I think best solution is to use a dummy hero ability just for learning to the two abilities. Essentially an ability that only has the "Learn" info on them, and the actual use-icon is hidden from the user (button position 0, -11).

Then create normal uni abilities for each slot you want to be able to exchange and show/hide them on the unit accordingly. When the hero adds a level to the Learn ability, increase the level of the normal unit abilities.