• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i am hear to learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi there , i whanna become a good modder/modeler/iconist etc.... i am curently practicing making maps :) but is it true the frozen throne got more map editor options then Reign of chaos? :fp:

Level 22
You are "here" to learn, perhaps? :wink:

Hello, nexus196! Welcome to The Hive Workshop.

As this is your first visit, feel free to have a look around the site's many forums for some topic or conversation that you find interesting. Don't be afraid to jump right into the community. :thumbs_up:

If you have questions, make sure you use the search feature. We get a myriad of questions posed to our boards every day on all kinds of Warcraft III issues, so your very question may have been answered in the past. Make sure to check out the site rules before you start posting - it will give you a good general idea of how the community is run.

A good place to start would probably be the World Editor Help forum if you are looking for map assistance. If not, then there are plenty of people that you might enjoying helping, or perhaps you'd rather find some forum to discuss your favorite topic. If you're working on a Warcraft map or are looking for a good one to play, the Map Section could be a great resource. Don't forget about all of the other resources as well. Links to their sections can be found at the top of any site page.

Welcome to The Hive! :grin:

Something like your question of modeling would be something to ask in one of our forums such as the World Editor Help forum.

Level 4
well , i still got RoC and i am intrested in most people's tutorials... but without TFT i can't do much... so over a week maybe TFT... well these people on this forum are so nice :D yeah's i am enjoying my stay!

Level 4
Sounds like you've got a lot of learning to do ;)

yeah :) i have discovered today on RoC B.net i player some games and some ppl hosted RoC maps with costum skins models etc... how they do it? thats the first thing i whanna learn to improve my maps! :D

(mortal kombat character skin , footman dragon armor skin , dwarven axeman model)

Level 4
dude if u cant help me then why u post comment?? duh , i am from belgium not england or america! lets just say... you posting helpless comments !! plz do somewhere .. else!

Level 4
well , i have much respect to you all guys... but i hate it when ppl say something about my bad sides... i just cant have it :S thats my introducion :3

Level 7
Welcome to the hive Nexus196! Btw, this is how they got custom models. Go to the Import manager (If RoC has it) and import the files from the model's folder, then save the map, and check the unit models. Beware, some models require that you remove the war3mapimported\ part. And some are harder to...Import.

Level 4
nope my RoC dont have it... does ur have it? or do u have TFT? or is there any tool so it makes RoC posible to import things... like an advanced RoC WE... my version is 1.21b of editor and i CAN use costum map editors... i ahve UMSWE.... but it dusnt add importer

Level 7
You know where the Test Map button is? Import Manager is right next to it, But I have TFT, so it might be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.