• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Humbly Requesting a custom UI layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys - i'm developing a third person rpg game which is coming along nicely so far. I'm far more advanced with GUI than I am with jass scripting (which is to say, practically no ability to use or interpret jass aside from a line or two of custom script Actions here-and-there).

Biggest thing I'm missing is a UI layout - I don't need any artwork; I just want to rearrange things a bit.

Right now, I have all of the UI turned off, but showing the unit's abilities, inventory, the name attack damage and defense. You can see what it looks like here:

What I'd really like to do is just spread the abilities buttons straight along the bottom. Preferably bottom row first (buttons 1-4), the middle row (5-8) and top row last (9-12).
I'd like to push the inventory off to the bottom-right corner (bonus points if you know how to make a button that makes it collapsible).
I want to get rid of the unit's name, his attack damage range # and icon, and his Defense value and icon.
I'd like to keep the buffs Status: and icons. That could go right on top of the row of abilities.

I also would love health and mana bar code for the Player Unit and the current target - but that would need to be multi-instanceable; and frankly, the health bars are of least priority, I really need the general layout for everything else described above.

I realize its a big request; any help would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.