• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HQ Dead Trees [5 * 4 variations]

I know there already exists some dead tree models out there, but they where to low poly and used too low-quality textures for me, so I made my own.

3 variations, all with the necessary animations, ect. I do not recommend using them as your go to-trees for melee maps, they probably have a little too many polyes for being spammed like that.

I've added two alternative textures, burned and dark.

All textures are from Textures.com

"One or more textures on this 3D model have been created with photographs from Textures.com. These photographs may not be redistributed by default; please visit www.textures.com for more information."

Changelog:
  • 25-01-2017 (01): Uploaded
  • 25-01-2017 (02):
    • Added Dark texture
    • Fixed Death Animation
    • Fixed Portrait Animation
    • Fixed Variation 03 Portrait
    • Added "stand hit" animation to all models.
  • 25-01-2017 (03):
    • Added two more variations
  • 25-01-2017 (04):
    • Some animations were set to "Bezier". That was wrong.
    • Added Marsh/Rotten Texture
The_Silent

Keywords:
tree, dead, ruin, post-apocalyptic, apocalypse, burned, torched, death, woods, wood, timber, lumber, harvest, resource, zombie, undead, wasteland, end, of, the, world, fallout, hd, hq, high, quality,
Previews
Contents

Burned Texture (Texture)

Dark Texture (Texture)

DeadTree01 (Model)

DeadTree02 (Model)

DeadTree03 (Model)

DeadTree04 (Model)

DeadTree05 (Model)

Marsh/Rotten Texture (Texture)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
Not exactly WC3-ish, but I assume they don't aim too much for warcraftishness, and in their own purpose they're well done and work fine in-game. Approved.
I were a little bit concerned over the poly count, knowing that wc3 freaks out with too many polies on screen. So I tested it, seems to be fine for most circumstances.

Lagged a bit ingame, but I have a terrible processor, so that might very well be it. Otherwise fine.

(I don't recommend doing this in your map)

Attachments

• polycountCheck.png
    polycountCheck.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 286
Last edited:
Level 25
That sure is a high poly count, but the fact that they're all animated and able to be zoomed in during a cutscene or used in the foreground of a terrain shot balances it out pretty well. Definitely a useful pack of trees.