• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How's it going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Though I'm new to the forum, I didn't get around to introducing myself for a while, so here it is:

My nickname is M.I.A., this was given to me by my paintball friends because I'm never around when they need me, even if I was trying my hardest to be there.

I am a fairly new mapper, I haven't made any full maps yet, but I've done some experimenting. I spent a good deal of time making a click wars map, as I knew that would be the fastest way to learn triggers, after that flopped, I went on to trying to make a modern warfare squad tactics map, it took me months to get the terrain looking good before I found a few small problems with the base mechanic, so I scrapped that project.
I've now moved on to make a map based entirely off of a board game known as "Decent". This is commonly called a dungeon crawler, and has 2 main thing that I haven't seen before:
-A hero only finds a weapon useful, if that weapon fits their combat method. so an archer finds nothing more useless then a short sword, or a mage couldn't care less about elven arrows.
-A "GM" who works against the hero's, as hard as he can.
I plan on setting up a thread in the projects section when I'm at late alpha.

I joined the forum because I've been downloading maps a reading tutorials for a while now, felt I might as well join the hive.

and now that I'm here... how are all these people getting those nifty progress bars on their maps in their sig?

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

How's it going M.I.A.? Just copy and paste this into your signature file to make your own "progress bar."

[box=Table Title][COLOR=lime]|||||[/COLOR][COLOR=red]|||||[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Progress Text[/COLOR][/box]

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.