• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How u make this triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Heroes of the Dark or Dawn (HotD) change log v1.0

Item Respawn:
Randomly place out the runes at the rune ges. So when u pick them up they respawn after some mins. And they should randomly spawn at the regions.

Modes:

-sm / short mode
-rm / random mode
-nm / normal mode
-rs / random side
-ip / i pick first
-om / only mid
-sh / same hero
-repick / repick hero

Need help here or if anyoen is itnrestedi n helping me with them would be great...

Last edited:
Level 3
Spawn system:
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit sells a unit
  • Conditions
    • ((Sold unit) is a Hero) Equal to True
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) for (Owner of (Buying unit)) at (Random point in Spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Creep respawn:
  • RespawnCreeps
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • <Your conditions>
    • Actions
      • Set DyingUnit = (Dying unit)
      • Wait 60.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of ElHeroBorrado) for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
That's what i've come up with, for now
hope that helps
it's pretty basic so you might want to change it a bit, but i guess it works :)
GL!

Level 13
if you dont like that way this is good
(assuming your bad guy player is Brown) Player(12)

• Respawn 3 Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Integer = 1
      • Set Temp_UnitGroup = (Units owned by Player 12 (Brown))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_UnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set graveyardpoint[Temp_Integer] = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set graveyardunit[Temp_Integer] = (Unit-type of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to Temp_Integer
          • Set Temp_Integer = (Temp_Integer + 1)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_UnitGroup)
  • Respawn 3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 60.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 graveyardunit[(Custom value of (Dying unit))] for Player 12 (Brown) at graveyardpoint[(Custom value of (Dying unit))] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Custom value of (Dying unit))
you can mod it to your liking :)

also for the hero thing have a tavern or something and a region around it, so when hero enters that region you have it unit-instantly move to your starting location you want.

Level 33
@nome
Rather than "Create unit", you should use "Move unit instantly in Spawn <gen>"

• Spawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Sold unit) instantly to (Center of (Spawn <gen>))
IF you do the Action, Create unit, there will be TWO (2) units appear on the map (1 at the Spawn region, 1 at the Tavern)

Level 19
so ok how do i make the creep respawn?

creep respawn:
When u kill the creeps on the map they should respawn like after 2 min or sumthing.

I mean i should create creeps at start and when creep die after 2 min respawn the creep. And also i have ultimate boss he shoudlent respawn hes netural hostile any suggestions show me the trigger so i can try it pls =)

Level 5
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
    • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile (or the player of the creeps)
    • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Not equal to True
  • Actions
    • Wait 60.00 seconds (or 120)
    • Unit - Create 1 Creep for Neutral Hostile at (Position of (Dying Unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
or this if there are more creeps to respawn:
Sorry,:) try this one: Create a bigger region at every point where the creep groups are and name them CreepRegion1, CreepRegion2, CreepRegion3 ect. then make the trigger:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
    • (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
    • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Not equal to True
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • ((Region Centered at (CreepRegion1)) contains (Dying unit)) Equal to True
      • Then - Actions
        • Wait 60.00 seconds
        • Unit - Create 1 Creep for Neutral Hostile at (Center of (CreepRegion1)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Else - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • ((Region Centered at (CreepRegion2)) contains (Dying unit)) Equal to True
          • Then - Actions
            • Wait 60.00 seconds
            • Unit - Create 1 Creep for Neutral Hostile at (Center of (CreepRegion2)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Else - Actions
              • If - Conditions
                • ((Region Centered at (CreepRegion3)) contains (Dying unit)) Equal to True
              • Then - Actions
                • Wait 60.00 seconds
                • Unit - Create 1 Creep for Neutral Hostile at (Center of (CreepRegion3)) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Else - Actions
                • ect.
When in each region a creep dies it will respawn him at the same region ect. As for the hero that shouldn't respawn, just add a condition Owner of Dying Unit not Equal to Neutral Hostile to the trigger which respawns the heroes. Hope it helps:)

Last edited:
Level 19
so how should the trigegr look. If i have a boos whos netural creep he shouldent respawn. ? any ideas?

How do i make this sry i know this is simple but havent done wc3 maping for while.

How to make so like every 5 sec all players get 5 gold (leakfree)

And after 40 sec play a sound for all players...

THi is very simple just forgot :p

Level 19
ok dardas i checked ur system seems like u know what u doing without any leaks. If ur intrested i sent u the map =) But many people talk and say they gona do some and then ntohing hapening lol!

ah sry i ddient see i double posted. Anyway I think its talk as usually =(

Ok so anyway here is next trigger...

• Revive Hero
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Dying unit) to RevivableHeroes
      • Set TempReal = (((Real((Hero level of (Dying unit)))) x 2.00) + 1.00)
      • Countdown Timer - Start ReviveTimers[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] as a One-shot timer that will expire in TempReal seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for ReviveTimers[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] with title (Name of (Owner of (Dying unit)))
      • Countdown Timer - Show (Last created timer window) for (Owner of (Dying unit))
      • Set RevivableTimersWindows[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Last created timer window)
  • Revive Hero Timer
    • Events
      • Time - ReviveTimers[1] expires
      • Time - ReviveTimers[2] expires
      • Time - ReviveTimers[3] expires
      • Time - ReviveTimers[4] expires
      • Time - ReviveTimers[5] expires
      • Time - ReviveTimers[6] expires
      • Time - ReviveTimers[7] expires
      • Time - ReviveTimers[8] expires
      • Time - ReviveTimers[9] expires
      • Time - ReviveTimers[10] expires
      • Time - ReviveTimers[11] expires
      • Time - ReviveTimers[12] expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Herorevivingspot[1] = (Center of 29 <gen>)
      • Set Herorevivingspot[2] = (Center of 5 <gen>)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in RevivableHeroes and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Remaining time for ReviveTimers[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))]) Less than 1.00
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Owner of (Picked unit)) is in PlayersSaints) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Countdown Timer - Destroy RevivableTimersWindows[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))]
                  • Hero - Instantly revive (Picked unit) at Herorevivingspot[2], Show revival graphics
                  • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from RevivableHeroes
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Herorevivingspot[2])
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Owner of (Picked unit)) is in PlayerSource) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Countdown Timer - Destroy RevivableTimersWindows[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))]
                  • Hero - Instantly revive (Picked unit) at Herorevivingspot[1], Show revival graphics
                  • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from RevivableHeroes
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Herorevivingspot[1])
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
And it seems like my hero isent respawning whats wrong with this one?

Last edited:
Level 13
i helped you with the unit respawn it works fine also for random items just make a temp_int random math or something and in certain ranges give certain items

the rest i cant really help you with becuz i dont know what those modes are.

Level 11
finished votekick.. exept a 1 line i cant solve.
maybe cuz im too tired..

JASS:
                set PlayerName = GetPlayerName(GetPlayerId(S2I(SubString(GetEventPlayerChatString(), 10, 12))))

it says it cannot converted integer to player.. :goblin_cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.