• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to walk under and over a bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Can some1 tell me how i can make it so that units can walk under a bridge and also over it at the same time?

Level 25
Goth, if its so bloody easy, then why don't you go and explain it?

Anywho, you CANNOT naturally make something walk over and under a bridge without using some rather clever triggering work, which only produces the effect of such. Even with these triggers, you can't have something walking over the bridge and simultaniously walking under

Level 9
yea goth explain this...
the best way i know is to use gate ways... (units know to use them so its good for auto)
and also you can change the waygate unit to have no cullosion and be invisible so it will apper like thay are walking under for the ones that dont really look...

anyone knows any better way?

Level 7
fine i'll tell you,

1. change the cave doodad to have the model of the bridge

2. make the the players characters movement type Fly

3. put 2 rects on the cliff (before going on bridge)

4. Triggers:
JASS:
- rect1: Unit enter rect1
if var (name) = false
then
chnage units flying hight to (amount) set var (name) = true
else
change units flying hight to 0 set var (name) = false

- rect2: unit enter rect2 
if var (name) = false
then
chnage units flying hight to (amount) set var (name) = true
else
change units flying hight to 0 set var (name) = false
5. dont forget to place pathing blockers air only beside the bridge and you can also put in ground only blockers in the supports of the bridge (depends on scale)

and if you want 2 units to go over and under at the same time you ahve to do a bit more triggering replaceing the unit goign under with a new unit (same every thing) but movement type foot

Level 9
eeem...how do i make it indepndet fo every unit? caz as far as i understand this will make a lot of truble if a unit will try to go over when anuter unit is allrdy on the bridge...so if a place a archer on that place and someone else will want to go up it wont work...also i dont see anything that stops a unit that is going below to attack a unit that is going on that...so many bugs...really useless for armys map...

as far as i see it my way is still more effective... since its very simple and the only problem that is that it dont look good...i am sorry but i find your way too complex and still after a lot of hard work-not effective...

Status
Not open for further replies.